Float Rubbers

beerweasel

Reaction score
I hate modern float rubbers, most of my floats are Avon type so I use small pellet bands.

mol

Reaction score
The standard drennan mixed float caps seem to work well enough for me, I tend to use them in threes. A shot straight under the float would let you know if the float has moved if you're worried.

I'd suppose that mixed pole float rubbers might be slightly smaller and a tighter fit.

smithdave

Reaction score
I prefer the ones that glow in the dark, but sometimes, for a treat I use ribbed.

soffit

Reaction score
I prefer the ones that glow in the dark, but sometimes, for a treat I use ribbed.

Bit expensive; you only get three.

Standard packs never have big ones for the thick end of a 'Big Stick' for example. What is available is so over-stretched they give up in no time.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I keep lengths of silicon tubing of different diameters and cut to length as needed. Good tip is to have the lower float rubber (ie the one at the bottom) about 2cm long - so it overhangs float considerably. This greatly reduces line tangles around float.

paul80

Reaction score
What happened to the good old Silcone rubber float rubbers they used to make, why did they go over to the almost useless plastic like ones they sell now days.

Paul

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tend to use Drennan mixed packs and packs of silicone tubing in different diameters (also Drennan) I have also tried the silicone tubing that the carp boys use and that is also good.

Mark

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Do'es no one strip the rubber sleeve off electric cable nowadays, ideal for wire stemmed stick floats, just cut to suitable length.

redfin123

Reaction score
Don,t DUREX do a good range of rubbers and in many colours and in small medium large and for the specimen hunter extra large sizes.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do'es no one strip the rubber sleeve off electric cable nowadays, ideal for wire stemmed stick floats, just cut to suitable length.

I was stranded on a train for 2 hours the other week cos folk like you had been ''messing around'' with the signals!!!!!!!

Mark

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Company's like CPC sell silicone insulation tubing in a big range of diameters and colours. Get together with a few mates/match team and the cost will be minimal
The last time I asked for 'float rubbers' in Fishing Republic they didn't have a clue what I was talking about, neither did the lad behind the high tech 'customer service' area when I asked where the stick floats were kept

Give me the old tea cup littered, receipt on a brown paper bag, 'real' tackle shop any day.

Merv, Its many a long year since electrical wiring used rubber insulation. :)

I used to use the outer covering for leger weights, just cant get this modern stuff to sink :rolleyes:

Last edited: