New Water, Big Dog

M

Max Benjamin

Thats a serious bream, what i really want to know is did it put up a fight or was it like all other bream and gave up instant? Well done!

T

The Monk

big dog, I thought you was talking about a new girl friend for a minute

nice fish mate

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

It did fight very well as do a lot of them Bream from that water.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Thats would make it 31lb+ Fred. That would be a shocker!

Oi oi Bar-cardi

mick rees

Reaction score
Marvellous fish, but why the secrecy about where you caught it ?Personally i can"t understand why people feel the need to hide it. if its to protect the masses arriving at the location ,the water can only accept a particular amount of anglers at once so whats the problem.After all we are all just anglers

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Mick

Why should someone spend aLOT of time (sometimes a full season or more) finding a water,finding out where, on that water, the bream patrol-maybe blankingmost of the time, but still spending a fortune on groundbait etc to get the fish turned onto their bait instead of natural food ---- and then broadcast it to people who cant be arsed getting off their backsides and doing a bit of groundwork themselves ???

But then againI see from your profile that you mainly fish 'commercials ' ---none of that is required on them is it ??

Fishingthe type of waters Wols' fish came from is a completely different thing ...... they are BIG 'natural' waters where the fish are a lot harder to find --let alone catch !!

mick rees

Reaction score
I see your point however the only reason i fish commercials is because i cant get to the natural waters as i am disabled which stops me driving and the commercials are easy to get to.I would give anything to fish a water like that one but i cant get to them as you need a car

james smith 9

Reaction score
i Know some one who had a 15lb bream, Looks like the same lake also, but was in kent, ramsgate way.

dave stokes

Reaction score
biggest fish i ever caught broke the landing net ( a new one ) as i lifted ...well , dragged really ..it up to my waiting arms ...boo hoo./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif....estimated at between 10 to 12 lb of derwent barbel .