umbrellas

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Malcolm,
A lot of people on here would suggest you get a Relum Brotel Delux (myself included) they are lighter, have more room underneath, are more secure due to pegging points.

Keith Whitehouse did a review of this which you can read here

Hope this helps.

R

Robert Draper

I'm looking for a new brolly too, I've looked at the Brotel but it doesn't suit the pegs where I normally fish. Has anyone got one of those brollies with the detachable pole that re-attaches further when tilted (I hope you can fathom that out)?. If so how stable are they etc.

Cheers

T

Terry Mann

Rob,
Had one of those and yes they can be good and give you abit more room.

However I have just gone over to the Brotel and would now never ever go back to a standard brolly,much more stable and comfortable.

S

Steve Burke

Count me as another fan of the Brotel De-Luxe. In fact on hard soil I don't even use the central pole very often, just the pegs. Like Terry, I'll never use an ordinary brollie again.

J

John Tait

"I'm looking for a new brolly too, I've looked at the Brotel but it doesn't suit the pegs where I normally fish. Has anyone got one of those brollies with the detachable pole that re-attaches further when tilted (I hope you can fathom that out)?. If so how stable are they etc."

Robert, I used to use a 50" Wavelock with removable centre pole (which is what you ask about) and found that with the addition of storm-pole attachments to the front ribs it was possible to make the set-up very stable indeed. I have used it with four storm-poles (one on each of the four front ribs) and a set of Terry Eustace storm-sides (velcro attachment) in weather severe enough to turn a mate's dome inside out !!

Jonty

R

Robert Draper

Cheers John thats the kind of thing I was thinking about getting. The problem with the brotel is that it doesn't have a single pole, I fish on platforms built several meters out into the lake about 2' - 2'6" wide with a hard surface so a brolly pole has to go in the water. I can't peg anything out on the platform itself due to the surface but a brolly with an offset pole would allow more of the brolly itself to cover the platform rather than sheltering the water and encouraging tiny perch to flock around it.

J

John Tait

Robert, I know that someone ( maybe Gardner or Solar) does a piece of kit which you can attach to a platform by means of screws, and then clamp a bank-stick (or, in your case, storm-pole) into it. I'll try to find a site for you.

Jonty

M

Malcolm Ledger

rodney,
thanks for the info on the brotels.
it is what i was looking for.
also thanks to everyone for their
comments.

K

Keith Miller

I have a 50inch wavelock with sides and stormpoles, which is fine and a good shelter for night fishing on riverbanks, but very heavy, about 5.5kgs, in comparison to a Brotel

L

Laurie Harper

The Fox lightweight is very nice and easy to carry and pitch.