Quiver tips in failing light, couple of quick questions if I may...

murv

Reaction score
So I have my shiney new quivertip rods, and very nice they are to. Except the tips are fluro Red.
I've always been a fan of White tips (or at least the bulk of the tip) so any recommendations for a paint I could use to paint them? I'm thinking the problem will be the flexibility required.
Tippex would seem ideal but I imagine it would get grimey very quickly.
It's just ideal for me to have a White tips if I'm just fishing into dusk as it saves breaking out a starlight.
Which leads me to my next question...

Is there, except for beta lights, anything better than the faithful old Starlight for the rod tip at night?
A friend of mine who is very new to fishing has ordered an assortment of battery rod tip lights. To be perfectly honest they look a little ropey to me but is there a decent one out there with all these new LED's on the market?

Cheers,

Chris

chav professor

Reaction score
As Skippy above - but I used Hamerite white gloss as that was what I had, it worked well.

I am a fan of isotopes NOT starlites.......... Drennan do a good pair with adapters for easy fitting. Essential for night fishing and no harm in the daytime as they do not affect rod tip performance.

xenon

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I use PTFE tape-nice and white, easily removed and will not scrape off. Also, I personally find it worth taking off the drennan isotopes during the day as I get all sorts of tangles (which do not happen at night. Funny, that)

redgils

Reaction score
isotopes all the way, they look cumbersome but never caused me any problem, if i was to use any kind of paint i would go for tip ex as it can be removed easily

Frank Elson

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap tin of acrylic white from a local hardware shop. It's lasted two years now without needing touching up.

cormorant

Reaction score
ive used white emulsion then varnished over it 10 years later still ok also gloss undercoat