bait you never leave home without

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
for me it's bread

ok I can't say I always take bread, I've forgotton or simply not had any in but most of the time I take bread with me even if I very much doubt I'll use it but it's there if I need it

dezza

Reaction score
Bread followed by sweetcorn and worms.

I often leave home without maggots, they are too expensive to be used as they should be used. If I take maggots to the Trent, it's never less than 4 pints and if I am feeling flush I might take a whole gallon.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Maggots. I hate to blank, full stop. A few fish taken quickly on maggots calms me down and lets me think straight - otherwise I have an attention span thats just too short!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Rivers - Caster before maggots for me.
Still Water - expander pellets to which I add ****** to the pump water - works well throughout the seasons.
Jerry

peterjg

Reaction score
Bread and usually wheat (great bait) but some reason very little used?

mol

Reaction score
I use alot of hemp.

I always have a tin of sweetcorn and sachet or two of cat food as back up but rarely use either.

agamemnon

Reaction score
i always have a tin of sweetcorn and luncheon meat in my side pocket on my rucksack

mark barrett 2

Reaction score
for me its lobworms. there's no other bait in my opinion thats as good a "catch all" as lobs, even pike and zander will take them with a relish and theres few bettertench, bream or perch baits.

chav professor

Reaction score
I have to agree..... lobworms are the bait I should always never leave home with and are attractive to everything from specimen roach to pike.

Bread has similar qualities and is attractive to a range of species.

Got to be the top two for me:)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I was being serious with my last post, the bait I really want to take is the one I forget by leaving it at home. Normally maggots as they used to be kept in the fridge in the garage, but could be the worms too. Fridge broke down and has gone now so no longer a problem.

I always have pellets of some description, either Halli-hookers or some Mistral ones that saw their best before ages ago, but they still catch fish on the day.