River Derwent

nicepix

Reaction score
His Lordship has country dwellings in the next county.

I take it you mean dwellings as in 'let cottages', and he is travelling down to Derbyshire to collect rents from common tenants then planning on spending the income of a worthwhile pursuit? All is clear now. I am afraid I cannot hel his Lordship in this matter any further. I simply nip down to the Trebor Bassets stretch and fill my boots with dee-dar trout.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
not sure of whats what these days ,but a mile or three above ambergate is whatstandswell bridge ,next too the bridge is a hotel ,they still do day tickets ,from belper to cromford is mostly controled by the ripley & district club ticket .belper tackle & gun shop (if its still there ,on the A6 main road next too a cake shop ,umm kills two birds with one stone ,fishing and cakes ) will know more .but here is ripley & districts details

The headquarters are at Butterley Reservoir (Ripley) with additional members only venues at Coppice Lake (Nr Ilkeston) and R Derwent near Whatstandwell.

Day tickets are available at Butterley Reservoir only, memberships available from all local Tackle Shops and Bailiffs at Butterley.
For Butterley Reservoir follow signs for Midland Railway Centre. Ripley & District Angling Club
27 Butterley Hill

Ripley
Derbyshire

Tel No: 01773 745837
E-mail:enquiries@rdac.org.uk
other clubs like derby county ac has some of the stretches around belper

used to fish around there a lot 10 years ago for the chub ,but not much since then ,also near whatstandswell theres some private stretches owned /run by campsites and a bit further up the A6 theres matlock bath which is day ticketed .

riverrovingross

Reaction score
Belper district angling club. Day tickets 4 pounds goes from belper weir down to Milford weir behind the pub, I'm a member for 30 pounds a season and that entitles you to fish the pond on wyver lane and the river above the weir up to ambergate railway bridge.

B

binka

Not Belper or Ambergate but not a million miles away either is the stretch down river of Matlock Bath between there and the mill, day tickets a fiver from the newsagent opposite the museum and fish pond.