Anyone fishing this weekend +2 bonus days?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Bloody bank holidays - the scourge of us poor retired folks - that's Monday and Tuesday down the pan then..............just Wed Thurs & Fri to choose from for a bit of peace & quiet:D;)
Jerry
PS Probably not:wh

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After a very busy "fish business" weekend at The Show, I'll be lucky if I get away with any actual fishing for the two days following.
In fact I'll use my usual excuse leave it to those who work all week!

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've fished each day for the last three, but I'll be working all weekend until tuesday morning. Bank holidays don't mean a great deal to a shift worker. Days of the week become a bit of a blur too.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've just dropped the long suffering Mrs Skippy off at th'ospital where she will be having a bit of an op today. She has to be under the care of a "responsible adult" for 48 hours when she gets out so that's me stuffed I think. Most inconsiderate of her to do this on a long BH weekend.

Technically I could leave her in the care of beloved daughter who is 20 but sadly BD comes up well short on both the "responsible" and "adult" part of the job description.

I might get out for a morning but that's all. Bummer.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I started a new Project here in Hamburg which is fun, but the 'rotation' is 10 days here then 4 days off at home.

The 'b*tch of it is that I'm here working for the weekend and the Jubilee holiday.

Mind you, I'll be off the following week from Thursday until Tuesday so will be out for the trout on those days.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I will be going to the tackle shop for fresh maggots and casters on Saturday morning then tying new pole rigs in the afternoon. Sunday I am fishing a match down in deepest Sussex on a mates club lake which I have never seen before..
Monday not sure at the moment but Bank holiday sunday evening usually involves the pub, and safe in the knowledge that I don't have to get up in the morning could get a bit messy..
Tuesday I will be fishing with an old mate on a local pit for roach, tench and hopefully some giant perch.....

red creel

Reaction score
Not a chance too much on in the creel household to even think about getting out on the bank.About the only thing angling related i will be indulging in is renewing my club permits and possibly a few hours float making in the evening.

Tight lines to everyone venturing out.

agamemnon

Reaction score
ive got some new bait runners for my birthday so on sunday eve im going to go and bait up for bream and tench then as the sparrow farts on monday morning ill be fishing the local ressy from dawn till dusk in an attempt to see a doulble figure bream or tench.
no doubt t5he weather will try its best to ruin it for me but its hard for me to get a decent session at the bank and ive got to make the most of the time i get