Kryston Greased Lightning

Reaction score
Anyone use this?

Kryston Greased Lightning is marketed as a line treatment for improving distance when casting. It allows the line to flow better off the spool and through the rings (it contains a number of different silicones)- think of it as acting like hair conditioner.

HOWEVER - here is the good bit. Something that isn't mentioned up front.

It is also a perfect line floatant.

I will be using on my line this season when trotting. JUst a few drops on the spool allowed to soak in for a few minutes then you're away.

It is now available in a clear colour as opposed to its original blue. And one bottle will last about 30 years!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Nice one Corkey - Also I’m not so interested in the casting aspect but it supposedly eliminates wind knots, increases abrasion resistance and repels algae. And, during ‘Artic’ conditions, prevents ice beads forming on mono – I’ll give it a whirl.
Jerry

terry m

Reaction score
Almost all greases or oils will make lines float.

I use Mucilin (sold for fly lines) to make my line float when drifter fishing for pike.

If you then want to revert back to sinking line, use washing up liquid.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Almost all greases or oils will make lines float.

I use Mucilin (sold for fly lines) to make my line float when drifter fishing for pike.

If you then want to revert back to sinking line, use washing up liquid.

Cheaper as well ;)
Corky, if that stuff really lasted 30 years Kryston would be out of business :D :D