36lb CAT Fish From the Trent

CAT

Reaction score
I hear today that earlier this monththere was a 36lb Cat fish caught on the A1 Pits Stretch of the River Trent by a Barbel angler,my source is very reliable and had a good story to tell about the capture, anyone else heard?

CAT

Reaction score
Take it you think its not possible then and the whole thing was made up?

Andy M

Reaction score
Hi Cat, I really don't know - just a lame attempt to be amusing until a more knowledgable type came along - I guess I should have used one of these /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
Your sound , no need for smiles i know where your coming frommate.

But it seems no oneis interested in the fact there has been a Cat fish reportedly caughton the Trent and a 36lber no less,on a popular day ticket stretch.

Its big news to me pal i can tell you because if it is true i will having one rod out for the Cats.

webo

Reaction score
Hi Cat,

there are some cats there mate i am sure i have seen a catch report on A1 pits web site and there might even have been a pictureon there but not100% and it deffo wasnt as big as the 36 your on about.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Cat , I think you'll find that those interested won't comment. Have a look on the pride of Derby website.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I have been told by a witness to this capture about a 25lbs catfish being caught on a stretch of the nene,that i know pretty well....it was caught on a dead bait by a pike angler.

How it got there is anybodies guess!!!

CAT

Reaction score
Fair one lads!

Webo, i will have a look at the A1 pits web site for that catch report hope there is a picture of it, be nice if there is,but like Ian said, Derby Pride will have the local finger on the pulse.

The Mission, get a picture of a river Trent Cat.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Cat how is it mate.

I've heard about cats in the Trent at A1, if it's true, which I have no doubt, then it's a whopper!

So how big is its mum?

CAT

Reaction score
How you doin DB hows trix,

Ihave just had a good look through the forums and catch reports, plus searched the galleries on both sites, searching for Cats Cat Cat fish and guess what!

Not a Sausage!

Tenner for the firstperson with a picture of a Trent Catfish off the A1 pits stretch.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I trust it wasn't returned to the water ?

Catfish in still waters one thing. Relatively little harm done... but should they get loose in the main rivers and achieve a breeding population then there really will be hell to pay.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Cat I think Lee S has said they're in the tidal Trent. I'd have thought those targeting them would be keeping stum about what they're catching. Given what has happend with the barbel!

S

sash

They are in the Tidal. Nev Fickling had a 20 on a lure and a barbel angler claimed a 40 though I haven't seen any photos.

T

Tony Rocca

I know a spot on the Tidal where some Scunthorpe lads have been catching quite a few by design over the past two years.

honslow

Reaction score
I'd not heard that Nick! Probably an escapee with a numer of recognisable big carp that got out a few years back....

Definitely quite a few cats in the Trent. Be interesting to see if they start growing a lot bigger. Having said that, a 36 is well on the way!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
I have a picture of the A1 fish but it's of a pretty low quality due to being taken on a camera phone...

It was caught by a barbel angler not much more than a hundred yards below Muskham viaducts on the Great Northern lakes (or whatver its called now) side. I published in the Green Un angling column somemonths ago.

Twas a Wells. Previously the tidal has thrown up both wells and channel cats. There are rumoured to be some monster cats in the Sawley area...

webo

Reaction score
Yep the channel cat line is true enough Bob i caught one of 3lb+in a club match at Cottam about 10 or so years ago on the maggot feeder.