New carp pb

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Not me but my son

We ahve just got in from fishing and he's landed 2 carp but lost 2

I had 2 carp to about 8lb on meat on ledger tactics (alowing me help my son)

he float fished the margins on bread with me throwing mashed bread over the top

he lost 2 carp due to the hook link breaking (4lb should have been enough but inexpericence lost the fish)

I then rigged him 6lb line and he landed 2 carp the best 5lb 10oz - he was chuffed to bits

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
cheers fellows

of course I'm claiming half the glory as I coached him :D

but he did well placing the carp - both fought well for there size

I'm hoping this will make him an angler for life - maybe not as dedicated as me (he does have a life to live outside of fishing) but if we can go fishing together a few times it will be worth it

the next step is getting him in the garden and have him set the rod up by himself

Bluenose

Reaction score
Float fishing too.... well in m'lud, sounds like a cracking evening!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Congrats to the angler and his coach/manager.....what percentage of the 5.10 are you claiming?:);)
Jerry

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
eddie - It's my belive all anglers should start on a float and a rod and reel - if you can master that then the reat will follow

well the 5lb part - DOH :D

in all seriousness - I'm chuffed for him - he wanted his photo with the fish - yes i'd left my camera at home (see other thread) - but got one on my phone (her ladyship has uploaded to facebook already)

I've bought him a cheap Taktics quiver rod which I he uses to float fish with (I thought if he take to it he will have a quiver ros and I can get him a float rod later - if he doesn't then the rod was cheap and he can float fish with it)

getting him a folding chair with a rucksack built in for his birthday - he got one of my okuma reels which is ow His ( he fishes traditional way I'm left handed so he's claimed he reel) - just got to keep him in the dark about how much I spend on tackle - he's bound to tell Her Ladyshio:eek:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a nice thing to do with your lad Paul. My dad has never been in to fishing but he used to take me rabbiting and hare coursing all over the country. It is because my dad spent time showing me the way's of the countryside that I learnt so much about wildlife and nature and I will never forget that. Oh, He did try to get me in to the fancy/rare poultry hobby when I was older but I told him that I had no time as I had women and beer to attend too :D :D

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I took him when he was 6 or 7 and he didn't take to it

When he plays a fish that pulls back he looks so determined, he's not the hang of letting the carp run when it wants to , I have to tell him to stop winding in but if he keeps at it it will cone, he only started less than week ago