Weather Forecast for the 16th

maceo

Reaction score
It's looking touch and go at the moment, in our area at least.

I've been swinging between optimistic determination to go and glum resignation that the weather's going to be just too horrible - especially the wind.

At the moment the balance is looking just about in favour of braving it:-

Windy with blustery heavy showers and bright spells

I'm keeping a very, very close eye on the forecast though and really hoping that this big low from the south west will move through quickly today and tomorrow and that the winds won't be as bad as they say on Saturday.

If the forecast turns from heavy showers to heavy and persistent rain all day, then I'll call it off and wait for a better day.

Anyone else thinking twice?

balalur

Reaction score
Same thing here-Showers with wind gusts of 44mph...but the worst thing is my local river is inches from flooding level and probably unfishable :mad:
If the levels are too high I'll be starting the season on a crucian and tench natural pond so it won't be that bad...

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not risking the river if the wind is bad, so I will leave the baked beans alone the night before :D
SERIOUSLY THOUGH: I will not venture out if it as bad as they say it's going to be, but, I have heard that it is likely to be a lot less severe on saturday but still wet.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Looking terrible up here and as I`ve just had to arrange for a parcel to be redelivered on Saturday the river is definitely out for me. :(

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I don't care what the weather is like I will be down on my local Colne, it's looking sock on with colour and flow. Being in a deep valley and running through a mixture of woodland and houses it is nicely sheltered from the elements and only 5 minutes from home....
I would have to think twice about fishing my favourite the Thames if it's blowing a hooly.

Old Nick

Reaction score
Gotta say its looking pretty good for down here - BBC predicting blue skies and sunshine for Saturday evening!

So I shall get my first river session of 2012 in after dinner :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As I will be working (as bluidy usual) I hope it hisses down with gale force winds and sleet and snow and tidal waves and . . . .

Nah, only joking, I wish everyone on the rivers tomorrow cloudy skies, warm and temporate weather with a good flow at walking pace and fish with an appetite.

Tight lines to all for tomorrow!

As dear old TT used to say: you lucky people . . . . . .

maceo

Reaction score
Thanks Peter.

I'm definitely going. Wind, no wind.

Early to bed tonight and alarm set for 3am.....

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have a couple of spots in mind with high wide bridges to shelter under. Every thing is packed and alarm set. Just going to have a few hours with a good angling book and turn in ready. Can't wait, it will only be my 31st time :)

skullsat

Reaction score
Too everyone who's off out fishing the new season,tight lines,but most of all be careful with all this rain,there's gonna be a lot of mud about.

noknot

Reaction score
To me this weather is perfect, and don't think of your selves, but how the fish react to these conditions?

A new fresh S/W wind, cool temp, so no spawning and a bit of rain oxygenating the water, Those Big Ol Carp will have their heads down, well up for a feed!

Good luck to all, wish I was out tonight, but no I'm not ready yet but hope to be this year!

ATB!