Monster Gudgeon

jim hall

Reaction score
Southminster_19-02-08_004_1.jpg

Caught this monster whilst trying to catch some livebait whilst perch fishing. what do you guys think? certainly the biggest i've caught!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

DZ

Reaction score
gud.jpg

My what big hands you have/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Joey

Reaction score
Nice fish but I have caught bigger on my local river. I wont tell you where it is in case it gets published in AT. We dont want the circus around here./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Nah, this is a gudgeon
woodhouse5.jpg

So I was told.

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

DZ

Reaction score
You really do look like Victor/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Nah, this is a gudgeon
woodhouse5.jpg

So I was told.

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif </blockquote>
Not what I'd call a proper gudgeon, it will be ok when it grows up.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul Martin 5 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Some massive gudgeon are to be had from the Parlour pool on the Royalty.</blockquote>
You shouldn't have said that Paul, you won't be able to get near it now. Gregs pen is already red hot writing AT's next exposure. The circus is on it's way down there already./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Dave Park

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Nah, this is a gudgeon
woodhouse5.jpg

So I was told.</blockquote>

With four barbules ?

Sir, you were misinformed.

Quite clearly this is a hybrid of stone loach (six barbules)with gudgeon (two barbules)- demonstratingnot only the mathematical laws governing allele assortment, but also the increase in size associated with hybrid vigour. Congratulations on a "first" /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif