GREAT DEAL FOR ANGLERS

• Thread starter Baz (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Any member of Warrington Anglers Accosiation needs to read page 1 of their new 2008 membership card (Secretary’s Letter).

This year they are launching a fish of the month competition.

All you have to do is send in a photograph of a fish of any species which has been caught from any of our waters, in the case of Carp, a photo of both sides of the fish and a witness. The venture is being co-sponsored by Bait – Tech who have launched an expanding range of products developed and tested by anglers such as Steve Ringer and Danny Fairbrass.

<u>Now Get This</u>

The value of the prize of assorted bait will be £100 with additional special junior merit prizes worth £50 and £25 plus certificates. Juniors can also win the “biggie” but not both at the same time.

In the interests of further promoting Fish Welfare, the winners will also receive one of Kordas Carp Care Kits.

<u>And That’s Not All</u>

<u>
</u>Another perk of membership for those who like to go out for a meal, is our new partnership deal with Nandos Restaurant in Stockton Heath whereupon a member on production of their current paid up membership will receive a 20% discount for a party of up to 4 on their food bill. Manager David Kan a keen angler himself has also arranged the same discount deal with the Manageress of the new Nandos restaurant in Warrington Town Centre, which is due to open in a few months time.

Junior members are also included so they can recoup their licence fee after only a few visits with their family.

Many Thanks to Graham for giving permission to post this thread.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Baz. This is good news for the angler, kids and the local community, you know it,s a really good way to get everyone involved with fishing. Maybe someone up here will do something similar.

Keep up the good work mate.

Jimmy.

E

EC

Good idea, many professional associations have membership benefits, discounts and the like, I would expect many other angling clubs to shortly follow suit, I know of a few that get discounts in angling shops and the like, but Nando's, Deanos will be made up!

I

Ian Cloke

Excellent idea, especially for the junior members, well done Warrington Anglers Accosiation.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Thanks lads.

Even I didn't know about this deal until it was announced in the card.

Nandos are a chain of Restaurants across the country, there was one of them in yesterdays paper in London. So this already shows of how aproachable they are if other clubs take the same idea up. My views on Danny fairbrass have changed somewhat since he done the free Korda DVD. Whether you like him or not, he is certainly doing his bit to promote angling. And you can't ask more than that.

One of the main ideas behind my club doing this venture is to get more people to send in a catch report. In turn, this gives the club more of an idea about stocking levels and fish growth. I think also that photograpic evidence is more proof of ownership if certain fish go on a walkabout.

One thing that many people do not realise is, if they send a fish report in, is that if the captor wants no publicity for his/her catch then they only have to say so, and that information goes no further than the Secretary. It is kept strictly for club records and nobody hears about it. The 32 lb Carp that was caught on one of our waters many years before it became widely known is proof of that, as the secretary was sworn to secrecy. I know this to be true, because I have done the same myself.

As Ian says. A great idea especially for the juniors who are the future of any club.

E

EC

Credit where credit is due, just read my card fully. WAA have, in my opinion, led the way with junior angling in the north west for probably 20 years, and in a time when recruitment and retention of junior anglers is becoming more and more difficult this is another superb effort by the club, and it has to be said, well done to the sponsors also!

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Eddie C wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Credit where credit is due, just read my card fully. WAA have, in my opinion, led the way with junior angling in the north west for probably 20 years, and in a time when recruitment and retention of junior anglers is becoming more and more difficult this is another superb effort by the club, and it has to be said, well done to the sponsors also!</blockquote>

As another Warrington member I just wish to say that I fully agree with every word.

Am I back in your good books now Baz?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

You allways have been mate. (-;

You will Know by now how I think. I allways look for any problems that could arise from anything new like the Fish of the month award.

For example, not wanting to cut my legs from under myself, but I wonder what would happen if say, a 30 lb Carp came out to one angler, and a 13 - 14 lb bream came out to another angler, and yet again a 10lb Tench came out to somebody else in the same month? And I do know that this is a possibility. No doubt W.A.A. will have something in hand to cover this eventuality. I hope so otherwise there will be tears and tantrums. Seriously though I am sure they have got eventuality that covered.

If I am lucky enough to get my specimen 10 lb Bream this year, There are only two places where the report will go to. And that is my Club and this Website.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Aaaaargghhhh!

An eight year old lad caught an 8 lb Tench last night. His dad didn't photograph it for him, as he didn't know about the fish of the month award.............Not until I told him anyway. There is a very good chance that this youngster would have been in the prizes. The lad sent his old man to Coventry.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Aaaaargghhhh!

An eight year old lad caught an 8 lb Tench last night. His dad didn't photograph it for him, as he didn't know about the fish of the month award.............Not until I told him anyway. There is a very good chance that this youngster would have been in the prizes. The lad sent his old man to Coventry.</blockquote>
A proper Warrington AA bailiff would be prepared and carry a camera, where you never a boy scout Baz? I think I'll write to Frank and suggest that a camera should be obligatory equipment for all bailiffs, the Monk knows where you can get them cheap. ( cameras, I mean )