Super Rudd

chav professor

Reaction score
Had a super Rudd this morning whilst stalking Chub..... Couldn't hide my disappointment when the scales determined her weight to be 1lb15oz:mad:
GippingRudd007.jpg

Still a nice fish though:D

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Nice one chav

I've been back to my "this pond has a 2lb Rudd in it " pond only once this year, took my lad so he could catch some easy Rudd

I'll go again and ledger a big bait whilst he float fishes
But doubt I'll catch as nice a fish as you
Well done sir

chav professor

Reaction score
Nice fish Christian. One of my mates had a 1lb 10oz roach from the upper stretches of the Waveney very recently as well.

The Waveney has produced a 2lb15oz Roach recently (well last season);) Not to my rod though - I'm too much of an attention seeker to keep that to myself:D:D:D

redfin123

Reaction score
Had a super Rudd this morning whilst stalking Chub..... Couldn't hide my disappointment when the scales determined her weight to be 1lb15oz:mad:
GippingRudd007.jpg

Still a nice fish though:D

Very honest of you chav many an angler would have said thats near enough call it 2lb. nice fish mate.

chav professor

Reaction score
Cheers Redfin, the glory achieved from falsifying weights is short-lived and as others have found to their expense, once found out there is no way back. It only takes one casual exaggeration to put all your achievements in doubt.

Anyway, I like to feel the satisfaction when these (in many ways silly) targets and bench marks are achieved - I look forward to catching a 2 pounder!!!

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Nice Rudd. If it had been a bream, you could have added an ounce for slime loss.

As for the benchmarks..my best roach is 1Ib 15oz (ouch) and my best chub 4Ib 15.5oz (ouch again), both from Dorset Stour 30 years ago. I really do need to get some serious chubbing in this season as a 5Iber is a relatively easy fish these days.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Cheers Redfin, the glory achieved from falsifying weights is short-lived and as others have found to their expense, once found out there is no way back. It only takes one casual exaggeration to put all your achievements in doubt.

Anyway, I like to feel the satisfaction when these (in many ways silly) targets and bench marks are achieved - I look forward to catching a 2 pounder!!!

Never affected my fish Chav:D

redfin123

Reaction score

my sentiments entirely chav, I hope you get a 2lb pounder this season. ps have you heard of alderfen fisheries near doncaster, it holds some big rudd. tight lines. mick.

terry m

Reaction score
Lovely fish.

Regarding the weight, no matter how many people an angler dupe through exageration, he/she never dupes themself.

Besides, lbs and ozs are just numbers, they pale intoinsignificance when compared to the beauty of the fish itself.

redfin123

Reaction score
lovely fish.

Regarding the weight, no matter how many people an angler dupe through exageration, he/she never dupes themself.

Besides, lbs and ozs are just numbers, they pale intoinsignificance when compared to the beauty of the fish itself.

very true terry, but to some anglers exageration is a way of trying to impress other anglers.