Fish from the black stuff!!!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just a thought but as anybody ever used black pudding as a chub/barbel bait?
I have been thinking of giving it a go for sometime but as I love the stuff (the best of the best comes from Bury in Lancashire ;)) and don't want to waste it on the fish if it's not going to work :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Can't see why it shouldn't Mark. When a few of us had a competition many years ago as to who could catch on the most unusual bait banana skin and a cigarette filter tip both caught.
Jerry

redfin123

Reaction score
hi mark, yes chub will take the black stuff, I used it on the trent a few years ago as an experiment and they loved it. Having said that chub are opportunists and will have a go at anything. ie lucheon meat, bacon ,steak,chunks of mackerel, small fish, prawns, oven chips, boilies, slugs, the list is endless. tight lines. redfin. ps barbel love it as well.

Last edited:

peterjg

Reaction score
I've not tried black pudding for chub or barbel but I have caught a few carp to mid 20s on it. Leave on the skin where you place the hair stop. It does lose its colour and goes very soft over night - you need to recast regularly. White pudding is available from some butchers - no blood in it. I'm sure that it will work for chub or barbel. Good luck.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have used Chorizo to great affect and here is a little tip!
I lightly fry cubes of Chorizo and the spicy oil that is left is used as a glug on pellets!