lights for nights

neil smith 2

Reaction score
hi i love my quiver tip fishing. when i go fishing i go with carp anglers. they want to do a night fishing session. Ive been given a box of night light sticks. there are about 2-3 inches long and work like glow sticks, by snapping them. trouble is how can i attach them to my quiver tip? any ideas?

Reaction score
There are various clips that fit near the rod tip.

The clips are held around the rod by a short piece of silicon tube. The light stick is then pushed into the tube.

There are various brands. Drennan do a set with various diameter holes to fit different size tips.

I have just bought a couple of sets, but can I remember the brand??? The hole throught the middle is lined with silicon so that it fits the rod.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

HERE you go lad.

You should be able to get them from most tackle shops. Second item from the top.

Reaction score
try drennan isotopes for starters - try this

I was looking for the drennan ones a couple of weeks ago, but ended up getting a different brand, I think they were by Enterprise Tackle.

There were 2 in a pack at about £2, whereas the drennan ones have about 6 in a pack (different sizes) for about £7

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Enterprise are good and are what I use.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Quick tip.Use twoisotopes about 6 to 8 inches apart on the tip. if you use one , it sometimes gives the impression it is moving when it is not.

I generally touch leger and useisotopes just in caseI dose off.Nothing like a vicious barbel bite to bring you back to life(not thatI have one of those for some time!)

Deanos

Reaction score
I also use the "long life" isotopes made by Drennan, if you plan to do a fair bit of nightime fishing, they are cost effective andlast for years!

Nigels tip about using two is VERY GOOD, use one and youcan get bad eyestrain.

W

Wolfman Woody

"I generally touch leger and useisotopes just in caseI dose off."

There's something not making sense in that sentence, Nigel.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Woody, he no understand. He from Barcelona.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I'll rephrase:

"I use isotopes buttouch leger as well just in case I dose off..."

That's better!

B

Bully

.........lol, I was just going to question your last post /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
neil i use a torch up my rods instead off isotopes i belive it makes it easier to see bites i have just found a perfact torch for this at b&q search for torchs and it is on there last page it cost ? 20.00 at comes on a little tripod has 2 power settings and you can either have it on fllod or spot light settings and its a led so it takes less power then a standard torch it takes 3 aaa but there is room in the legs for 9 so you will allways have spares also there is a little flashing light that tells you when your battiers are getting low

Deanos

Reaction score
Brendans method is spot on!....it saves me going cross eyed....and it works!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Baz,i have a packet of the enterprise ones as well but have never used them.I supposed iam worried about damaging the quiver tip section of my john wilson rod.... i don`t fancy any thing snapping.Do they fit on quite snugly and stay secure....without any real force needed to fit them???

Deanos

Reaction score
No problem with fitting them on Nick, you can always put a split peace of silicone tube on the quiver to givethe isotope holder a bitmore grip, but it wont harm the tip in anyway.

Reaction score
The enterprise ones are lined with two halves of a piece of silicone tube. This gives them some cushion and grip. They come in three sizes. You can peal out one half of the silicon, say, to give a looser fit if it's too tight.

DZ

Reaction score
Be careful mind- that line doe'nt wrap around them before you cast- with a heavy lead/feeder you could snap a tip in this way. Remember to check the line is free flowing before casting.

Also- I'd use the betalites instead of the starlight night lite thingies cos they're not so bright and dont give you weird fuzzy vision. As said above- use two at once or you'll go loopy loo

Reaction score
When fishing the Ribble I use tow rods, tips about 6" apart, one light on each tip. This way I can see one tip move relative to the other. Never had both go at once!