River Lark - Prickwillow

meat

Reaction score
hi could anyone tell me ifthe River Larkat Prickwillow is free fishing or if not were could i get tickets from as im thinking of giveing it a go if any one could give me any more info about the river then please do many thanks

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hi Meat, just type in river lark prickwillow and press search, then go on angling club page looks like they have a few good water's round there.

Redfin Rob

Reaction score
Hi Meat,

Check out www.cambridge-fpas.co.uk. They control the fishing rights at prickwillow. Its well worth joining as you have access to loads of waters for £25 or I think you can buy a day ticket for around £4.

In the winter lots of silver fish shoal up around the bridge & some good pike. It also produces good perch to over 2lb and in the summer is excellent for tench.

I live just up the road & often fish the Lark. The swims by the bridge are very popular, but both up & down stream can be equally as good, often better. You may have toclear a gap in the vegetation first, but its well worth it.

If you'd like any info on other local waters let me know.

Good luck.

L

Laurie Harper

Nice spot. My mum lives a few miles away, so I take a rod when I visit her in summer. Have had some nice roach, perch and tench and once a 6lb zander, which took three red maggots on a small feeder rig. When I caught sight of the stripes and spiky dorsal in the water, I thought I'd hooked a record perch...

meat

Reaction score
so if i was going to give it a go would i get a ticket on the bank side or is there a shop witch i will have to visit frist many thanks

Redfin Rob

Reaction score
Hi Meat,

I'm not sure if you can get a ticket on the bank or not, but Benwicks shop in Soham will sell you one. Although with the close season on rivers almost here, its worth joining the club as you will then have access to lots of stillwaters to fish all year round.

james godfrey

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me if there is any good carp in the prickwillow area benn caught cheers jim.