Who's fishing this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
What and where?
I am definitely fishing the Charity open at Marsworth reservoir near Tring on Sunday. Sadly the last of the annual six match series.
Tomorrow will probably be a short late afternoon session on the Colne looking to catch a nice chub on stick float and maggot.

What about you?

dangermouse

Reaction score
Yep off out for a short session somewhere tomorrow. Don`t know where yet but most likely a small pond or small commercial. Then maybe a morning on the canal on Sunday.

maceo

Reaction score
Nope - one of the advantages of being a dole scum is that at least I can get out fishing during the week when there's nobody else about.

I can also look at the 5-day forecast and choose the best day weather wise to go out.

barbelboi

Reaction score
COTB, Jerry, Read the question!

Kinel lads!:eek:mg:

th_smiley-crying.gif

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Unfortunetly not this weekend, family business. Am going Barbel fishing on the Wye, Monday and Tuesday though:) Haven't fished for old whiskers for a few years now. Matbe I'll come back and start a war.:D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am on the ribble tomorrow and all next week as I am on holiday, I am looking forward to the river as I am going to catch a 15lb barbel and a 7lb chub :D

nhs service

Reaction score
Have you heard about that bloke caught a 15lb barbel and a 7lb chub out of the Ribble, blimey!
Wish I could, when I packed up,7 or 8 years ago all my gear was left with my dad,then when he died,bless his memory, it all disappeared quicker than a rat up a drainpipe (my twin tip Bob James Normark river rod,sob!)
All I got back was my two Aerials,so I'm scouting the second hand and bootys trying to put some gear together, I did find a nice 13ft Shimano float rod,but when I got it home I found the last 3 inches of the tip was missing!
The trouble is I'm not going to buy any old ****,and decent rods at the likes of cash converters are very few and far between,chuck in I'm skint and it's a bit of a trial.
Still,tight lines to anybody getting out this weekend.
All the best.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Well, great few days on the Wye, what a river! Dead as a dodo in the mornings but great action every day from about 4-00 to dusk! Had quite a few Barbel up to just over 9lbs and was attached to a very irate large Salmon for a short while, playing it would be an exageration, the fish was always in control, right up to the bit when it crashed through a snag and broke the line!

This weekend, an overnighter on my syndicate lake for an early Autumn carp or two, I hope. Two of us have the lake to ourselves (one of the perks of running the syndicate!;)).

Stu

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im off to Heapey lodges in Chorley later but cannot make my mind up which one to fish!
They all contain VERY good fish and I am spoilt for choice...hard life this fishing lark ;)

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice fishing break you had Stu. I really must have a crack at the Wye sometime. For me this weekend looks all wrong with bright sunshine today and a windy deluge tomorrow..
I have the option of an Open match tomorrow on a big gravel pit near me but I'm still undecided. I fished the midweek open there and struggled, so my enthusiasm is somewhat dampened.
Good luck on your syndicate lake.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Hopefully a local mere or the Upper Weaver this afternoon and the Dove tomorrow for me.

iceman22

Reaction score
Had a change from barbel overnighter yesterday and fished waggler and maggot on middle trent for a few hours , had 15lb of mostly pristine roach to 12oz with a couple of perch and last fish a 4 inch zander

rocketmandan

Reaction score
Had a good day on Blundells fishery in Warrington yesterday, a real mixed bag. A few carp, skimmers, bream, roach and perch.

On family duties today.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
If i get out today, going after Crucians in my local lake. Looks like the conditions should be fair to good for them; and a change from the river will be nice.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Against my better judgement I am fishing the open on the big pit.
It's pi$$ing down but not too windy. I've lost 2 carp and landed 7 bream so far on cage and maggot. Bit gutted as I realised I had forgotten our club match on the tidal Thames is on today. DOH!:eek:mg: