River Windrush on day ticket

paul80

Reaction score
Hi all

I will be going to the Cotswolds next year and fancy doing a bit of fishing when I am there. I know the river Windrush is quite near to where I will be staying, which would be near the Oxford end, so are there any stretches of the Windrush that are day ticket and if so where do I get the tickets from.

Thanks for any help

Paul

maceo

Reaction score
Not day ticket as far as I know Paul, but...there's a free section which fishes quite nicely around New Mill in Witney.

Best place to park is somewhere around Bathing Place Lane (OX28 6AQ) and it's an easy walk down onto the bank. The first two fields you come to are free fishing.

Lots of bothersome dog walkers and dogs running around there is the only downside, so look for a swim as far away from the path as possible.

Enjoy!

paul80

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I understand there is a section near Burford and that day tickets can be had from the local knitting shop, I kid you not, any one ever fished the bit that runs through Burford, is it any good.

Paul

Alan Campbell

Reaction score
Try this guy he may be able to help Alan Trinder 01993 824860. He is the Secretary of Burford Angling Club