Just done a survey for the EA.

W

Wolfman Woody

The EA have commissioned Ipsos Mori to carry out a survey amongst people who registered boats with them in 2006 or 2007 and didn't renew tho following year or weren't registered previously.

All the questions were really asking "How good were we?", "Were you very happy with our service." in other words - aren't we brilliant little people who deserve a lot more dosh from Government blah blah blah.

There was a question - why didn't I re-register my boat?

That guy got a book of info all about small dinghy owners, particularly anglers, and what services are provided for them by the EA - sweet FA more like.

One of the reasons I don't use the boat is - what for? We anglers can't fish the river until June 16th (no this isn't another anti-CS rant - just a fact) so what's the pint of putting a boat out before then? I'm not a pleasure cruiser.

Then last year, after June 16th it may have escaped someone's attention at the EA, but we had the worst summer floods for at least 40 years. How can you think of launching a small dinghy in those conditions.

But worse still is the fact that the EA doesn't provide small dinghy owners with any launching facilities, slipways etc, where there are adequately protected car parks close by. Where I am you can use one slipway then have to drive over a mile to park the car and then walk back. Yet, just a mile down the road there's a fantastic car park within yards of the river - and no slipway!

Do any other boat owners suffer like this?

What's the point of paying £70-£90 for - NOTHING. No service - no pay.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No one speaking to Woody:

Jeff: Now I hope that you realize why Scotland does not whantthe EAto do anything with course fishing up here.

Trisantona

Reaction score
You need insurance (£40 for my little dinghy)before they will issue a licence,then about £80 for an explorer licence that gives you about 21 day tickets which you fill in then fix to boat before launching, last season only managed one trip,not their fault i know,but still a dear do,especially as you say with no decent launching facilities./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Trisantona

Reaction score
On the Trent,but don't tell the Barbel police.!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Am i right in thinking that canoes dont need a licence. If so might be worth fishing from one of these instead. A nice wide canadian affair no much diffrent than a dingy.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Everything needs a licence on the Trent,i believe but not certaincanoe's are sometimes covered by joint licences for clubs,probably same for schools, different area's have different rules, so if you went cruising you may need several licences, not sure about tidal trent,may not need anything, well maybe a tin hat.!!! if you have a licenced cabin type boat you can use a tender buck shee, so maybe i will put name of my mates boat on mine and say it's his tender./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Woody I know its a bit of a way from Marlow weirpool but there is safe parking and a good slipway at The Ferry pub in Cookham.

W

Wolfman Woody

Where's safe parking?

If you park down the lane to the slipway the Ferry Hotel start getting narky. Can't park at the end except for two hours. That's one of the sites I've highlighted as a problem to the EA for the RFERAC meeting, Christian. It's not the best maintained slipway either with a jagged drop-off at the end if I remember.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Yes Christian, we could do wth a good slipway to send Woodhouse down , thank's mate.

Jagged dropoff sounds nice!.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
We pay our licence to British Waterways. I think thats down to the area but Im not sure.

Itsjust over 400 quid a year. We get quite a bit as regards shower blocks and loos along the bank. Toilet pump out stations slipways and moorings along the canal. Maintainanceand repair work along the canal. Dredging.

£400 quid licence. £200 insurance and £120 a month mooring fees. The BW bailif comes along the bank and still expects you to have a BW annual permit as well. Saucy gits. I think we put enough money in their coffers as it is.