anyone know the rules for toft lakes?

Reaction score
what are the rules for the sliver pool
are pellets allowed?
are method feeders?
and any other things i ought to know

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
The best advice i can give you is to phone them directly as then you won't get any wrong answers.
Rules change from time to time and others may not be as up to date with them as they think.

Reaction score
thanks am i right in saying the sliver pool it contains F1 carp,small barbel and roach.any good tactics for the sliver pool.has anyone fished there ?

Mark Valente

Reaction score
This time of year with the temperature having dropped, i'd recommend just fishing an expander pellet , say 4mm, over a few micro carp pellets. Pole fish and feed via a small pole pot to keep it tight.

That's if pole fishing is your thing. If not do your own thing. Main thing is dont' feed too much. Very little should be enough to get some bites if you're pleasure fishing.

Hope you enjoy it.

Mark Valente

Reaction score
The guy next to me used it last time I was there. Go easy with it though, this time of year.

I was advised you can sometimes catch skimmers over it there. He meant if other things, eg std pellet approach not working.

Last edited:

Reaction score
how much bait to bring along for a days fishing

Mark Valente

Reaction score
how much bait to bring along for a days fishing

Hardly any for me this time of year. Depends what you're going to fish with.

Personally i'd be happy with half a pint or so of small micro carp pellets ( 2mm), plus handfull of expanders say, 6mm, 4mm, 3mm for hookbait.

But you could use anything else you wish, maggots, sweetcorn, worms etc.

Just not much of it. It's cold, fishes metabolism slows down etc.

One thing I did notice there, after it had been colder than this admittedly, was the fish can shoal up, quite a few on one peg, not much on others. Should be ok now though.

'Shallowman' on MD's ( don't know if allowed to mention other sites) could advise you much better than myself and i'm sure would be helpful.

Last edited: