River Severn / Teme

T

Tony Farmer

I am fishing the Severn / Teme around Worcester on Wed and Thursday - any reports re levels etc would be appreciated

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Both the Severn and the Teme are in good nick, well down but still carrying a good amount of colour. The Teme produced 5 barbel and 2 chub to two of us on Friday afternoon, so not bad.

A

Andrew Thomas

Second that, a bream, a chub and 2 barbel for me this afternoon on the Teme. Another guy had 3 barbel. Water temp 8C. Good conditions, best for weeks , I would say. Good luck.

P

Paul Williams

Andrew,
Bream from the Teme!...i had a 5lb 12oz snotty from there on Saturday (along with three barbs).....hardly your typical bream river is it!?......

A

Andrew Thomas

I wouldn't say so (but what would I know!)

Mine was 4lb or so , fought quite well, thought it was a good chub. I've had quite a few from the upper Teme, somebody once said once to me that they are migrants from the Severn...comments?

I was at Eastham, where were you Paul, a "private" water?..lol...."a stretch of the Upper great Teme!"

I've had bream almost up to Tenbury, sometimes from fairly shallow water.

A

Andrew Thomas

ps: you were right about the Freeliners....Dudmaston shut in close season, also cost up to around ?80, may give it a miss.

T

Tony Farmer

THanks for the info, much appreciated, bream bashing on the Teme for me then lol

P

Paul Williams

Andrew,
It was a stretch above Bedford...i mean Worcs!:)
I had spotted bream in the summer along with what i thought was a single large roach, the bream seem to be thriving and judging by the way they were swimming in the fast water in the summer i have no doubt they could migrate upstream when conditions are right........but i suppose we will never know how they got there, i have fished the Teme for years and not noticed them before.......another point of interest was that there were loads of this years fry in the margins, Coops and myself presumed them to be perch at this time of year,perhaps it will become a decent perch water too!