fishing in gosport/portsmouth

N

Neil Freeman

Im going to be working in Gosport for a while and would like any local info on the best fisheries in the area.(wouldnt mind a bit of local river info ready for March).

P

Phil Hatton

Neil,
Try talking to Doug Hume at Second Chance , the childrens fishing based charity.He's local and a good bloke he should put you right(he'll probably blag you into donating some time with the lads but it's well worth doing).The contact details are on their website

K

Keith Manger

When I was based at Portsmouth in the Royal Navy (No Im not going to say "During The War" like him on only fools & horses) - there were 2 places that I used to fish that were open to the public. Dryad Lake which is on the naval base (HMS Dryad) and used to be full of Crucians and common carp, (We had a Marconi company national match there a few years ago) and the moat in Gosport next to the Naval Married quarters which was full of tench.

C

Carp Angler

Off to Turk town, nice......

Back up towards the motorway is probably the best big carp water in the Southern half of the country, and also one of the best kept secrets.
Mail me privately Neil and I'll give you the gen...

For general fishing, then the Hants and West Sussex Alliance have the majority of fishing in the area, including river fishing.
Any local tackle shop will be able to supply you with the info, but your nearest is probably Rovers in Fareham.
Rovers

Anything specific then give me a shout.