Rules are Rules

Ed Wyatt

Reaction score
I was recently observing my grandson (aged 10) fishing atTingrith fishery, when a member of staff (female) came along the bank and asked to see day tickets. This in itself did not present a problem. However, my grandson was up on the bank 10 feet from his rod when the member of staff in no uncertain terms chastised him for leaving his rod unattended.She then demanded that he withdraw his tackle so that the hooks could be inspected to ascertain that he was in fact using barb-less hooks as per their policy, which he was. The whole thing could have been handled in a civil and pleasantway. But no, this member of staff acted like a member of the Gestapo and made the young lad very uncomfortable indeed. The way she conducted herself was totally abysmal.Their concern for the welfare of the fish is admirable, but I think they would do well also to consider the welfare of their customers. A good place to start would be to give the said member of staff some training in the provision of customer service. She seemed to have lost sight of who was the customer. The second area which would certainly contribute to the welfare of their customers is some significant improvements to the toilets on site which can only be described as disgusting a real health hazard.Attention to this area of the venue is well overdue.So come on Tingrith Fishery, get your act together.It really is immaterial to me and my grandson as we will probably not be returning to Tingrith againEd

The Monk

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how some of these venues shoot themselves in the foot through inappropriate behaviour, my one and only visit to the Pennine trout Fishery in Littleborough last for approximately 10 minutes, I`ve never go back again. There are ways of talking to people, but of course you state that this person was a women,so to be fair she could have beenhaving PMT problems or something, soI suppose we have to make some allowances. deep down she may have been a really nice person, (we usually recommend about 60 foot)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

Ed Wyatt

Reaction score
Hi Monk,

You could well be right. Either that or she is suffering from IPS (Irritable Person Syndrome)

The Monk

Reaction score
haha/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, PMT, IPS, legionairs fanny, they always have something to moan about, anyway welcome aboard Ed

S

steve southwick

Now the women call it pre menstral tension , what an excuse

when its actually pre meditated temper /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Ed Wyatt

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Another good one./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
legionaires fanny is a pretty serious condition Matt and not to be scoffed at, I`ve pulled a few ruffe slappers in Blackpool who suffer from this, I can tell you/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
Dodgy mate, you are stading far too close the Bazs Christmas joke with that one mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

I suspect that the lady concerned was reacting to previous experience in dealing with youngsters, who sometimes are there own worst enemy. Its hardly surprising that sometimes they get a bit frustrated, because lets face it, young people today have very little respect for their elders or for authority.

I recently fished on a small lake in Kent. During the day, four youngsters turned up and almost as soon as they had tackled up, were wondering around asking other anglers what they had caught etc, whilst their gear was unattended. Then they moved swims, leaving drinks cans and rubbish in the first. Its hardly surprising then that riparian owners or those that control the fishing get rather fed up. I can see a situation arising on this particular venue were youngsters will be banned unless they are accompanied by a responsible adult.

The Monk

Reaction score
"I suspect that the lady concerned was reacting to previous experience in dealing with youngsters, who sometimes are there own worst enemy. Its hardly surprising that sometimes they get a bit frustrated, because lets face it, young people today have very little respect for their elders or for authority. "

yeah but you cant brand all kids the same, we use to be kids remember and if this leigionares fanny suffer has issues with kids, then she shouldnt really be ina business that attracts them, this youngster wasnt leaving little though was he and he was wit a responsible adult aparrently. Some elders dont appear to have respect either, especially for authoruity, I know I dont/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, authority sucks!!!!

C

Cakey

respect.jpg