Mullarkeys Bulk Mono

scottiedog

Reaction score
Anyone using that bulk mono from mullarkeys? The £2.99 a spool stuff, just wondering how good it is.

trotter2

Reaction score
Yes I have a long time ago it was Ok, nothing wrong with it ideal for filling reels.

terry m

Reaction score
Line choice is really quite personal, you never really are able to appraise it until you have tried it - especially in higher BS.

Personally my key criteria suppleness. I am not happy with springymono. The lower the memory the better.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Loads of folk swear by the Daiwa cheap stuff, but I just could not get on with it. I went back to the expensive gold label stuff, simply because of the lack of line memory and its suppleness.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for and buying cheap mono will cause you loads of problems!

jasonbean1

Reaction score
mark, there is a lot of mainlines out there better than gold pro.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The two things I never mess about with are line and hooks. When all said & done they are the most important parts of any set up & I wont compromise on either...no matter how much of a "bargain" they might appear. Never tried Mullarkeys bulk and I never will....tried Daiwa Sensor....went immediately to the bin.

I have found a mainline I like & trust implicitly and I wont change.

terry m

Reaction score
Daiwa Sensor eh?

I have to agree with the previous posters regarding this stuff, it certainly is cheap and lots of people get on with it I am sure. Me - no. I find it so damned springy it drives me crazy.

I agree with the post about no cutting corners with line. Shimano Technium is quite expensive, but to me it is worth every penny!

Like I said before, line choice is very personal.

C

chefster

Just got a spool of ESP Syncro XT,1000 M ,10lb for summer baggin wag for 16 quid......