Black Cap feeders.

cg74

Reaction score
IMO the best maggot feeder on the market BUT they aren't always big enough, does anyone know of a very similar design of feeder that is larger?

frothy

Reaction score
Think nisa might do something similar in a larger size, do you prefer them clear?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO the best maggot feeder on the market BUT they aren't always big enough, does anyone know of a very similar design of feeder that is larger?

How big do you want them I have black caps up to about 3+ inches fox make one that is like a dustbin with ajustable ends to govern the flow od bait .

cg74

Reaction score
How big do you want them I have black caps up to about 3+ inches fox make one that is like a dustbin with ajustable ends to govern the flow od bait .

I currently have what I thought was the biggest Black Cap feeder, with a cylinder of 40mm long and 25mm wide.
The largest one in this pic:
http://assets.tedcarter.co.uk/product_pics/lg_kamasan-black-cap-swimfeeders.jpg

Ideally I'd want about another 15mm(ish) in length.

On saying that, all these adjustable feeders on the market have got me intrigued. I think I'll buy a few and give them a bash and with my s*** casting it won't take that long to trial all the ones already mentioned.

Thanks for suggestions, any more out there?

ravey

Reaction score
Dinsmores do a white-capped 'plastic pig'. Even the small is probably not much smaller than the largest black cap Kamasan. The jumbo is as described, but probably would not cast well. They will deliver a fair pile of bait, though.

The black caps are well designed, but a bit on the dear side for me.

I usually buy my Dinsmores by the bag of 50 for my barbel fishing at 50-55p each. I use the 'medium' size in 1.5 and 2.0 oz for barbelling.

More subtle feedering sees me use some stockpiled Thameslys in small size which are unfortunately no longer available.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I currently have what I thought was the biggest Black Cap feeder, with a cylinder of 40mm long and 25mm wide.
The largest one in this pic:
http://assets.tedcarter.co.uk/product_pics/lg_kamasan-black-cap-swimfeeders.jpg

Ideally I'd want about another 15mm(ish) in length.

On saying that, all these adjustable feeders on the market have got me intrigued. I think I'll buy a few and give them a bash and with my s*** casting it won't take that long to trial all the ones already mentioned.

Thanks for suggestions, any more out there?

The biggest I have are 60mm 30gm the fox are 40mm across and 80mm long size 1 57gm they are top opening and have a air vent system to control bait release

bankside

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Korum multi feeder,its like a dustbin for
maggots!!!