Can You Freeze Hemp??

M

Matthew White

I was thinking about cooking up a big batch of hemp seed and dividing it into session sized bags and freezing it so I always have a supply.

Can I do this, will freezing have any effect on the hemp?

R

Richard Dunn

Yes you can do this without any adverse effects, I do it all the time with different kinds of particles including hemp.

C

Chris Vardy

I do too. Lots of tackle shops sell frozen hemp ready to go.

S

Shrek

The best thing is, whatever you have left over after a session, you can re-freeze till the next time.

M

Mark Birchall

I to cook up hemp and frezze it, Cant say i have had any problems unless you of course you count the missus moaning that the kitchen stinks and there is no room in the frezzer.

D

Dave Hill

i have always cooked hemp and put it in freezer like mark no problem only with her in doors

W

William Spencer

try this little technique.cook up tons of hemp in a big sized stock pot or pressure cooker.when cooked strain off the liquid but save it.cool the hemp and place in plastic cups you get in drink dispensers,do not fill the cup when the liquid is cold top up the cups and freeze.take your frozen hemp/liquid cocktail to your peg,where your float is lob out the frozen hemp(remove from cup first)and through your session the hemp should "defrost"leaving a trail the fish won't resist.

C

Cheese Paste

if you need to defrost your hemp quickly, bung it in the microwave and i find it makes it smell a touch more too

F

Fred Bonney

I've found it's best to defrost first otherwise it floats off in the current or on a windy day on still water, goes with the wind!!

M

Mike Parker

To get the Misses of your back invest in a fridge freezer (?25 tops) from the free ads papers and keep it in the tackle room! You can keep all sorts of 'nasties' in there without she who must be obeyed even knowing!

K

Kevan Farmer

Fred. I had exactly that happen to me the last time I was out. I lobbed a nice fist size ball of frozen hemp into my chosen canal swim. It floated. Ok, no problem I thought it will just gradually sink, sort of rain down nicely. Hah! First bit of current and away it went. I shall not be doing that in a hurry again :)

Kevan

C

Craig Smith

I've always cook in bulk and freeze in butty bags.
A good way to keep her indoors happy is to pick up a cheap camping stove.

P

Phil Hatton

I tried the 'Matt Hayes' long soak and microwave method for cooking hemp,it did'nt bloody work(they must have different micro's in Cuba).

P.S. What's a tackle room ?

F

Fred Bonney

P.S. What's a tackle room ?
..it's that place where maggots are allowed to run free and turn into big flys,without being hunted down and smashed to oblivion by her indoors....mine's the garage!!

K

Keith Banks

Matthew.

Frozen hemp, while being very good and a method I use most of the time, is not as good as freshly cooked hemp.
This is because the freezing proccess affects the oil (the magic ingredient).

Try putting some freshly cooked and some frozen hemp in some water and you will see that the oil slick from the fresh will be much greater than that of the frozen. it will also work longer.

Good fishing.

Keith.