the 16th come on then

gerry h

Reaction score
ok, guys its time to spill the beans ,how did the glorious 16th go for you

for me its only a dream as i amstuck abroad for now

Jon Jagger

Reaction score
It was glorious for me. Fished my local river and had about 80lb of mostly of chub with some roach, 3 bream, 1 small carp, 1 roach/bream hybrid, few golden rudd, few plain rudd, few minnows, few trout, few gudgeon. Went to have a look at the end of the session and discovered there was a smallish hole at the end of the net! Doh. The small stuff had escaped - but there was still about 70lb left in!

Muffin

Reaction score
Well I've had better days on the river!

No sleep all night due to excitement of getting back on the river and trying out my new birthday present to myself(my birthday is the first day of the season)a centrepin.

Went on the Bristol Avon at Christian Malfordand started off in fine shape, forgetting my net handle and having to fish in only swims where my long rod rest could be used instead!

Anyway not put off by my own stupidity, I clambered through the jungle of grass, nettles and cow parsley getting wet though from all the dew in the process to a swim where I could manage with my short, makshift net handle.

Typically the river was in less than perfect condition and I struggled with my lack of trotting skill to do anything more than hug the bank I was sat on!

Moved to some other swims that required a great deal more hacking through of nettles, surely all this effort was going to justify I hook the fish of me dreams?

Ended up being tormented by shoals of small bleak and gnats, but still spent over 15 hours fishing solidly at a rate of about 1lb of fish per hour, for about 15lbs in total.

So why is it that I get so excited about the above, to a non-fisherman would sound like some kind of bad dream but to me............ it was an amazing location and a perfect day, with or without fish.

Plus by the laws of probability I must be closer to that dream fishing day, mustn't I???

Simon

j k1

Reaction score
I felt so blessed to be on the river again yesterday/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I had what turned out to be one of the most remerable days. I spent the day trotting with the pin on various swims on a small river. First trot through was met with a 4 onze dace under the willow tree. If Mr Crabbtree could have been there he would have been proud. I ended up catching loads ofchub to over 3lb, loads of beatiful dace, roach to over 1/2 lb and several fun encounters with jaws which took a liking for my roach and rudd! Ended up having 2 long fights only to have the fish spat back at me at the net!

ienjoyed it so much and am looking to get out there as soon as possible. It amazes me the potential of fishing in such a small river. Standing in the river in that beautiful environment is the sweetest thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
my day didnt go well.had to come home at 9:30am as the sun was just to darn hot for me and the fish.had the first run about 20 mins into the day but when i picked the rod up, no fish! and here was me thinking the new season would bring a change of luck!
im not beat though,just home from work,quick feed and hello to the mrs then im off again.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Fished the lower end of the royalty, with very good friends,trotting for whatever.

Had lots of dace, bleak, chubletts, a few roach,two seatrout, and a solitary perch.

Nothing special was caught, but a great way to start the season.

Yesterday it was back to the tench ( failed miserably....), and today i'm of down the beach flyfishing for bass.

Back to the rivers on friday!!!

( It's ace being made redundant!!!!)

Reaction score
Went down to the bristol avon (on foot i only live about 5 - 10 mins away) with the intension of fishing a swim i have been pre-baiting for a good while. however on arrival i found another angler already there fishing (if you call it that) with a sea fishing boat rod, multiplier and a small waggler float there. i asked him about the license you need to fish there when he puled it out of his pocket... I was amazed. Anyway feeling down hearted i walked along for a bit and decided to go home without wetting a line.

A mate rang and so i ended up bak on the river chubbing only a small chublet to show for my efforts from a free stretch in keynsham

Hope you all had better days

Ryan

gerry h

Reaction score
well i guess thats what its all about ,the anticipation ,the highs and the lows ,just to be on a river on the 16th is by far enough for me