Laguna bait additives

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I won the caption comp and got a selection of Laguna bait flavouring

Yesterday I cut up 2 tins of meat and flavoured one with blue cheese flavour and one with pineapple

Went fishing and the pineapple flavoured meat had a carp within 10 minutes of being in the water

After 2 more carp and a chub I moved over to the blue cheese meat and had another carp and 2 more chub
All from 6 to 8:30 pm

My fishing mate had curried meat on and had nothing till I gave him some pineapple meat then he had 2 carp and a chub

Could have been just the right place but ill keep using the flavoured meat and let you kw

chav professor

Reaction score
The blue cheese SAC juice is awesome for Chub!! this article may be of interest... another tip - soaking bread in Blue cheese SAC juice is very good too.

http://www.lagunafp.eu/articles/The-LaGuna-SAC-juice-Revolution.pdf

Banana man... secrets revealed....lol:D

you can make a thick sticky glug by mixing a bottle of blue cheese SAC juice to 1 part water and thickening with cornflour and a bit more glycerine.

guest61

Reaction score
I get a 'denied access' message from my office PC . . . . . . .

My computer told me to **** off..

Seriously Chris, good luck with your business this whole world of bait chemistry isn't for me and I realise that this is possibly to the detriment of my own angling, its hard work trying to get a business going and you have my best wishes.

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
Thanks for your report M'lud, and best wishes Mark, Mr Rocket,
I must admit there is a certain element of chemistry involved but as anglers - all we ever need know is that...

"fish prefer natural ingredients"

Its the reason why we would include savoury or spicy powders and fishmeal proteins in our baits - to entice a bite!

Its not important to know the ins and outs of how SAC juice is made, only that its different, all-natural and they catch, that's all we can expect isnt it?

Link to Christians Article can be found here: http://lagunafp.eu/articles.html

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
These are very different types of additives and well worth a little play with IMO.

I certainly ain't an HNV groupie, but appreciate that fish have evolved to detect chemical 'signals'. Cheese paste, bread, worms, maggots, bloodworm - well nearly any edible substance produces a chemical signature. Do fish really get addicted to a certain type of food and seek it out in preference? Not a route i would go down on the types of river i fish.... Good presentation of an edible and appetizing bait seems to be the trick....

Its only a part of the story - I have experienced occasions where flavors have made a very significant difference - it is hard to ignore. A chemically produced synthetic flavour works and gets a fishes attention..... rather use a real food one - its as much part of the food as the bait itself.

A cheese paste that stays really soft in cold water? Can't be detrimental:D Adding Blue Cheese SAC juice? its just putting more of the secret ingredient into cheese paste - CHEESE. Its just in a far more soluble form.

No such thing as a magic bait though... still got to put it in the right place;)

blackout

Reaction score
Can we buy these additives for the meat?:)

i have this one as well SAC™ juice - The World's-first 'Glycerite' liquid bait additive! do you think it will work soaked in bread for chub I think it will be ok? I've been trying to bag some of the cheese for still water chub, left a message for Chris to get back to me fingers crossed ;)

I like the natural baits all the others smell too strong of artifitial but how the heck do you groundbait for chub in a lake ive never targetted them in lakes before?

chav professor

Reaction score
i have this one as well SAC™ juice - The World's-first 'Glycerite' liquid bait additive! do you think it will work soaked in bread for chub I think it will be ok? I've been trying to bag some of the cheese for still water chub, left a message for Chris to get back to me fingers crossed ;)

I like the natural baits all the others smell too strong of artifitial but how the heck do you groundbait for chub in a lake ive never targetted them in lakes before?

It DOES work for Chub.... Blue cheese or banana is good. I fold the bread onto the hook, dunk it in SAC juice and have a fag.... thats if I use it neat.

Top tip: dilute with either one or two part water, half a bottle of glycerine and add cornflour. Go easy on the corn flour (heaped table spoon to start- you can add more later... leave over night and shake regularly in a glug pot. Get it right and you get a lovely sticky glug. Get a decent amount of glug for around £4....

I was thinking about using bread soaked in the ragworm SAC juice and take it down the key and try for a mullet... probably neat...

rubio

Reaction score
"HOT" version worked well with meat. Usual plastic bag popped in the freezer stylie

chav professor

Reaction score
Bit of 'housing' estate fishing.... I'm all class, no Capability Brown landscaping here... more bonfires, supermarket trolleys and the occasional burnt out car... I 'aint called 'Chav' for nuffin blood innit!

chantrypark011_zpsba9242d0.jpg

Maggots basted in Pineapple SAC juice and stored in the fridge overnight - the remainder tossed into the ground bait mix. Flavored maggots out score every time on this lake.

I have bait fridges - so its not so critical... but can't emphasize the sealed container bit enough...lol

---------- Post added at 03:48 ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 ----------

"HOT" version worked well with meat. Usual plastic bag popped in the freezer stylie

Had some nice barbel off the Warwickshire avon using the hot SAC juice/flavored meat method.....

WarwickshireavonCSGget-togther010_zps5afbfbd6.jpg

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just ordered a bottle of Pineapple and a bottle of Krill off the nice people at Laguna. Very satisfied with their generous response to an FM member and their great communication. :D

First class company to deal with! :thumbs:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Christian, you know I used Spawn a bit at the back end of the river season. I just hydrated it with plain tap water to reach the desired size.

I now have some Bream on my target list, will the process of hydration take on the SAC flavouring if I add it at that stage?