New float rod

Andy M

Reaction score
I would like to buy a new float rod for general purpose waggler fishing on still waters mainly. About 13ft and less than 100 quid. There seems to be quite a lot on offer such as Daiwa proteus 13ft, Korum Neoteric 13ft 4 piece and shakespeare Agility 13ft Power match. Okuma do a 13/15ft which at about 50 quid looks promising and there are not doubt more but which one? Any help gratefully received as it will be mail order.

C

chefster

I would like to buy a new float rod for general purpose waggler fishing on still waters mainly. About 13ft and less than 100 quid. There seems to be quite a lot on offer such as Daiwa proteus 13ft, Korum Neoteric 13ft 4 piece and shakespeare Agility 13ft Power match. Okuma do a 13/15ft which at about 50 quid looks promising and there are not doubt more but which one? Any help gratefully received as it will be mail order.

Hi Andy,what you have listed is just the tip of the iceberg,its a minefield when buying new tackle,is there no way that you can actually get to look or get the feel of any rods before you commit to buy,everyone can give advice,but people have their personal preferences,and they might not suit you:) Chef

Andy M

Reaction score
Difficult Chefster as I live in Holland and although some of the gear they sell is certainly quality the makes are unfamiliar and I cannot get any real info, except for a few expensive brands which are also marketed in the UK. So anyone who does a fair bit of fishing and has a good experience with a rod I would be happy to hear from. I am leaning toward the Korum Neoteric a because it is the most expensive and you tend to get what you pay for and second because it can be broken down into two pieces and thus left tackled up - (lazy I know!)

C

chefster

Most modern rods are 2-piece now,as a lot of people are using the ready rod bags,to save time tackling up on the bank-leading to more fishing time:)The only advice i can give you is to widen you,re choice maybe.Personally i use Daiwa,Maver,Drennen rods,each for different things and they are all very good rods,other than that i cant really help,but i,m sure others can offer more useful advice ,all the best Gaz:D:D:D

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
maver have always been my choice but each to there own as already stated can you not find a local shop or friends that will let you try one

Andy M

Reaction score
Have just spotted a Maver Genesis black ice, 13 ft 3 piece at 75 quid, so the price is right and if Maver are generally good quality might well give it a go.

C

chefster

Have just spotted a Maver Genesis black ice, 13 ft 3 piece at 75 quid, so the price is right and if Maver are generally good quality might well give it a go.

Andy,i,ve got the Maver Black Ice Genesis 11ft pellet waggler,and i can honestly say its brilliant ,light ,balanced and great for playing fish,cheers Gaz

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
The new Drennan Red Range 13ft float rod looks like a great all-rounder. Only about 60 quid, so you would have some change for a new reel.

I'll see if I can find a link...

paul80

Reaction score
I would also add the Drennan Series 7 flat rod to your list as well.

Paul