Waggler on bread and corn

denzinho

Reaction score
After much debating (with myself over tactics) I've decided to get up early on my day off to go fish my local canal in Bristol. I'm going to set off at 4:30am hoping to get some bigger fish.

I was going to use a cage feeder with bread crumb but didn't like the thought of over feeding the fish. With the waggler I feel comfy as I have had some really good results with it.

My target species are going to be roach, skimmers and bream. Bream being the more hopeful, I'm going to use a size 16 hook with 3cm bread disc as this should pick out the the bigger mouthed fish(In theory):wh. I also have corn as a back up if things aren't going well.

I will post picture's on what I get.

denzinho

Reaction score
Bream1.jpg

View image in gallery

Hi everyone

I only bagged one but its the biggest one i have caught to date!:D

The corn didn't work at all, I had one large confident bite that zoomed under which was new but i gave up on it after 3 hours.

I caught the fish using the bread disc and liquidised bread.
I couldn't weigh him because I don't own any scales yet but overall very happy with just the one.

I have used my hand as a scale if any of you want a stab at guessing.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have used my hand as a scale if any of you want a stab at guessing

We've seen that trick before, the betting is that you have hands like Jeremy Beadle and that's the little one. You really need Spiders who posts on here to make an accurate assessment, but by his sliding length to weight scale its just nudging the record.

On a more serious note. you could try a smaller feeder, you can get the mesh ones in pretty small sizes.

denzinho

Reaction score
haha I kind of figured the hand thing was silly. Kind of dug myself a hole there :eek:

Arffer Roach

Reaction score
looks about 1lb 8oz-2lb

well done mate:thumbs:

keep up the good work its great to see anglers new to the sport keen enough to get up that early in search of good fishing