RIP Kev Green

A

alan whittington

Ive just read on another forum that Kev Green has passed away after a short but awful illness,aged 39,no age at all,RIP.

simonp

Reaction score
I've just finished watching a DVD of him fishing with Matt Hayes.
As already said, 39 is no age.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The loss of a young man like this in his prime brings home the fragility of life to all of us and should put all the petty bitching and sniping which is prevalent on this and other forums into perspective.

My thoughts are with his family and close friends at this difficult time.

ian_welch

FishingMagic Editor
Reaction score
I was aware of Kevin's illness a little while ago thanks to another forum user but to be informed of his passing still came as a great shock.

Kevin and I collaborated on many projects over the years at both Angling Times and IYCF and, most memorably, making the catfish episode in the 'Predator' TV series that saw us bivvied up next to one another on Yateley for a couple of nights.

Delightful and intelligent company, a highly professional journalist and a thoroughly decent person, I shall miss him.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Yes, I'd heard the news that he was poorly and posted here momentarily before asking Ian to take the post off - just a few days ago, really.

Kev leaves a young family. Just too awful to contemplate. But this reminds us all that the most important day of your life is today, and every tomorrow a celebration.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Very very sad, always came across as a really nice bloke who had no pretensions, and had the ability to laugh at himself.

Tragic with a young family left behind.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Never saw any of Kevin's TV / journalism, but to go at just 39, and with a young family, just ain't right. Brain tumours are terrible things; one of my best pals (and one of the best anglers I have known and had the pleasure of fishing with and learning a lot from), Gordon Edwads, went from a super-fit, super-bright and super-funny man, many years younger than his 76, at Easter, when we were catching spring salmon together in Wales, to a man who was clearly losing it by early to mid summer, to a grave in the early autumn. He had had a fantastic life, lived several lifetimes - fine wine, fine women and a lot of fish - in his 70-few, Kevin very likely hadn't; that's very very tough.

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
Dreadful news.

Never met the guy but I did enjoy his down to earth presentation style.

The comments above about the fragility of life are so very true.