Storing bread crumb

dead peg

Reaction score
Hello chaps , my mate works in supermarket and often gets me a load of loaves that are just past their sell-by date. i usually blitz them in the blender,bag them and keep it in the freezer till i need it but the missus has been on my case about the amount of room its taking up (along with my prawns , cockles , meat etc)
obviously bait is more important than food for the family but try as i might i cant get her to agree :(
how can i store it without it going mouldy ? i havent got the room for a separate bait fridge so is there a different way to store it ?
Thanks for any help

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Blitz it in the blender as before then put in a baking tray and put in the oven each time it's cooling down. You should be able to store as dry crumb then in a plastic bag. Give it a try, nothing to lose.

nicepix

Reaction score
If you store oven dried crumb make sure there is as little air as possible in the bag when you seal it.

peterjg

Reaction score
Dry the bread in a green house (if you have one) - works well. Then grind it up in an old food processor then bag up and store in a mouse proof container in the shed, garage, etc, etc. At the grinding stage add any powdered additives: garum masala, coriander, garlic powder, cinnamon, strawberry powder, anniseed, milk powder, gravy powder, fishmeal, etc

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Just to clarify.
Are you after fine crumb as a cloudbait or freshly blitzed as a feed/attractor?

dead peg

Reaction score
Just to clarify.
Are you after fine crumb as a cloudbait or freshly blitzed as a feed/attractor?

I use both . Fine crumb for fishing punch and a coarser crumb for fishing flake , I do prefer to use it fresh if possible,it loses a lot of smell when its dried out.I cant plan a lot of my fishing so I need a supply on stand-by
Thanks for the advice lads :)