Fishing in South Wales / South West

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all!

Just got a new blog online. Trying a few new things while the rivers are still open,

River_Isle.jpg

and despite the catastrophic weather I ended up and ended up having a great day;

River_Isle_Perch_2.jpg

Have a read about the whole trip here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all,

Just got my most recent fishing blog online. Definitely a tale of 2 halves. Started the morning on a blank, finished on a belter! Shame the season ends soon, and the deluge of rain isn't going to make catching a few more any easier between now and mid March!

River_Isle_Pike_3.jpg

Still it was a great trip!

Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
In the process of writing up today's session at Thorney. Although I caught plenty of fish, fishing in the cold, wet and wind really does take some of the fun out of it! In the mean time I've just updated my blog which the most recent post. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all, trying to get through a bit of a backlog with posts. They are coming together but it is taking longer than I would like, anyway here is one of the most recent ones. Was a nice day out and managed a good few fish. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all! Still working through my backlog. This one is from the last day of the river season. Was a bit of a mission, but was a good result all round at the end of the day! Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Almost through my backlog, just typing up my most recent session. Just posted my most recent trip to Lands End specimen lake. Was a good trip, shame it wasn't a little bit warmer.

Lands_End_Common.jpg

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Starting a new job has meant my blog writing has fallen really far behind. Here is the write up of my most recent trip. Despite the weather it was a cracking day, plenty of fish and a few chunky puddle pigs.

Lyons_Gate_Common_1.jpg

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
So one of my most recent trips, and my most recent write up involved a trip to a "middle of nowhere fishery". Very scenic, off the beaten track (despite being very close to my house) bad sadly not well maintained.

I gave it a good go, and tried various tactics, but sadly only silvers came calling, and they were a bit sporadic. Still a nice day out and a trip which really tested some of things you may not always consider on regular trips to commie, it left my thinking, "was this what fishing was like before commercials?" No wonder 15lb of silvers was considered a good day!.

Broadleaze_Fishery.jpg

My next write up is of a belter of day at the Viaduct!

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a waiting period now. The river season is just under a month off and I feel as though I'm biding my time before I can get out there after some Chub, Roach and River Tench. But until then I find myself filling my time by visiting new venues (new to me) and seeing what they have to offer. I wasn't really expecting a great deal when I made my decision to fish Mangerton Mill fishing lake. I was very pleasantly surprised to say I was very, very wrong. This place is absolutely stuffed full of quality fish, from a few lbs to well over 20+. I cannot wait to go back, catch Carp at all depths in the water as well as a myriad of other species.

This includes

Mangerton_Common_2.jpg

clonking great big roach

Mangerton_Roach.jpg

and absolutely huge Perch (which oddly seem to favour sweetcorn)

Mangerton_Perch.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting back there and trying to winkle out a proper lump on paste, and aim to giving it another whirl over the next few weeks.

Until then read how I got on here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Trip #81 – Mangerton Mill

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Evening all,

Just managed to get a new blog online, was only a quick trip for me this time but I only had a few hours spare. I headed out to a nearby fishery and aimed for some of the resident Carp in the afternoon sun. Was a nice day out and managed a low double ad was then visited on the bank by a large group of spectators.

Higher_Kingcombe_Aerial_View.jpg

Check it out here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Trip #82 - Higher Kingcombe Floaters

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon folks, I've just got my most recent fishing blog online. This one has 2 fold reasoning, 1. It's getting to that time of year 2. A recent request by a blog reader. Obviously everyone's take on making it is different but this is my tried and tested pellet paste recipe.

Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Pellet Paste made easy!

Any questions, please shout.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
After my last post of making Pellet paste, it seemed only right that I got out there and gave it a go. It was an absolutely excellent day, one of those days where everything goes to plan, and in the end I racked up 39 Carp.

Mangerton_Common_Carp_1.jpg

And a few chunky greedy silvers too!

Mangerton_Rudd.jpg

I'm thinking of heading back there soon and trying for some lake lumps when the old man visits. You can read about the full day here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Mangerton Take 2 - The Proof is in the Paste

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon all, bit of a delay in getting this post online, life has been so flipping busy recently. That said I've managed to get my most recent blog written up and online. Was a great day (initially) with plenty of fish... until disaster struck...

Had to resort to traditional methods...

Avalon_Pellet_Waggler_Fish_On.jpg

Fortunately I still managed a few..

Avalon_Carp_3.jpg

For all the (expensive) details you can read the full report here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Trip #84 - Avalon Fishery - Moore Lake

greenie62

Reaction score
Good blog write-up Paul,
Hope you can get a new section- or 2? - for the pole!
Tight Lines!

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Good blog write-up Paul,
Hope you can get a new section- or 2? - for the pole!
Tight Lines!

Thanks Greenie. I did in the end although I bought it in "Excellent Condition" and it arrived In need of a repair and TLC. Needed to get the 4th professional strengthened (as a precautionary) and had too neaten several bumpy section ends. I also got my shattered section repaired (which is lucky as now I have 2 4's) but got booked by mr mobile speed camera in the process. All in all a very costly break which left me saying to my wife "Told you I should have bought a new one.."....

Anyway, enough of that, evening all, just finished writing up one of my most recent fishing trips. Trying my very best to catch up, but looking at a screen for 8 hours a day doesn't inspire you to get home and spend a few hours writing blog posts.

Anyway, here is my most recent post.

Carp_on_Fly.jpg

Was a day of thirds. 2/3's rivers 1/3 lake. Had fun and learnt that natural venues have a way of reminding you catching fish isn't a given. Rounded it off with several Carp.

You can have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing: Trip #85 - Bubbling Brooks and Cruising Carp.

Last edited:

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
2 of my most recent posts have just gone online. I'm not going to lie, after receiving some fairly substantial news everything seems to have sped up apart from my blog writing and now I have a substantial backlog.

One of my posts involved a recent trip to an incredibly reliable Carp venue, and the other post is something a bit different but incredibly worthwhile. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing