Fishing in South Wales / South West

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Due to an unfortunate change of circumstances I've recently had to move towards home (Wales) for a bit of a recharge (You can read about the whole sha-bang on the blog if you like). Paul on Coarse Fishing

But I'm now based back in South Wales. So if anyone fancies recommending some fisheries for me to try out when I'm fully mobile again (Preferably with level is pegs as balance is a slight issue at the moment).

I'm thinking of;
Cefn Mably
Port Talbot Docks
Hendre Lake
River Wye
Caerphilly Moat
Birch Syndicate

A bit of a mixed back, but feel free to chuck a few more in the mix!

Tight Lines.

tench2k3

Reaction score
have a look a joining glamorgan anglers a lot of thier lakes have disabled swins within easy reach of parking

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
have a look a joining glamorgan anglers a lot of thier lakes have disabled swins within easy reach of parking

A chap called Mick told me much the same. It's something I'll look into. I use to fish with Glamorgan a few years ago, was a good craic. But not looked into them since I moved up North. Makes sense to give them a go now I'm back in the area. In other news I posted a new blog online this morning. A bit different to normal methods. Fly fishing for Carp in Riverside fishery, near Caerphilly. You can have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

Well worth a bash.

Riverside_+Fly_Carp.jpg

Last edited:

tikka

Reaction score
I hope that their store at Ebbw Vale is better than their store at Aberdare, I live less than 400yds from it, which would be perfect for my tackle & bait needs, except for the fact that the stock held there is very limited & total rubbish.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
I hope that their store at Ebbw Vale is better than their store at Aberdare, I live less than 400yds from it, which would be perfect for my tackle & bait needs, except for the fact that the stock held there is very limited & total rubbish.

I have been told there is a bit of a difference between the two. I would definitely recommend getting over to Ebbw. Plenty of gear in there.

In the mean time a new fishing blog post went online this afternoon. Surface fishing using the pole. Great sport, loads of fish. Was tiring but well worth it!

Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

New fishing blog went online this afternoon. Catching Carp, off the surface. Great fun and quite exciting watching the little buggers before you set the hook.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all, as mentioned above I've visited a few tackle shops recently to see where I could get the best value for money. Found a belter in Cefn Mably, went fishing straight after too so will get that post up shortly.

You can have a read of how I got on here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all!

Finally getting round to putting this post up. Cefn Mably Lakes in South Wales. Absolutely full of fish! Had a blinder of a day there, catch good sized fish one after another. If you're in the area I would definitely give this place a whirl. Read the full write up here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

2 new blogs have gone up recently. One about the Healthy River program currently being run by the Charity Groundwork on the River Sirhowy. The second one is a great tackle store I recently visited, and a definite must visit shop if you are in the area.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all,

New blog post went up this morning. Was a fantastic session at Duffryn Springs, caught loads of Tench, Carp, Bream, Roach the works really. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

Also if anyone knows what's up with this fish, I'd be happy to find out, if you could drop my a line on the contact form that would be tops!

Duffryn_Springs_Tench_Red_Spots.jpg
- Odd red spots...

nicky

Reaction score
Interesting read never tried duffryn springs must give it a go one day

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all! Just posted some new blogs online.

One involving a site visit to a local river (Sirhowy), flowing a recent clean up. The other, a trip to the river Wye. Ended up catching a PB Barbel. Great few hours.