Budget method Feeder rods

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Are there any budget Method Feeder Rods that you would recommend for feeder fishing on commercials?

When i say Budget i mean up to £60 - £70.

Somewhere around the 10ft mark if it's possible.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
If you could stretch a little, I recently bought the Drennan Series 7 method rod.

I'm the first to admit, I've never bothered fishing the method before but the rod seems fine to me.

I also tried a mate's Middy "The Works", that's 10ft and even less expensive, around £50 ish.

Nice piece of kit, too.

Best of luck in choosing :)

C

chefster

Shakespeare mach 2 or 3 12ft 6 in feeder rod -brilliant-either one......or 10ft 6 in if you want a med distance rod........

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I like the look of the (Middy The Works 10ft Bagging Feeder rod) and at around £50.00p it's really affordable too. I've got a really nice Okuma front drag reel that would look lovely sitting on that.I'm thinking 6lb or 8lb Daiwa Sensor as a mainline>

I had a look at the (Garbolino Rocket Carp Picker rods) they look nice also, and at around £30.00p could be a proper bargain, the only concern i had was the line rating was for 5lb and i thought that was a little light if you hit in to a lot of fish on the feeder.

Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

C

chefster

I like the look of the (Middy The Works 10ft Bagging Feeder rod) and at around £50.00p it's really affordable too. I've got a really nice Okuma front drag reel that would look lovely sitting on that.I'm thinking 6lb or 8lb Daiwa Sensor as a mainline>

Mark Brailsford said that Middy stuff is rubbish,cos he knows someone who works there and they get a lot of rods returned.....i,m not sure what the problem is with them though.........

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

I had a look at the (Garbolino Rocket Carp Picker rods) they look nice also, and at around £30.00p could be a proper bargain, the only concern i had was the line rating was for 5lb and i thought that was a little light if you hit in to a lot of fish on the feeder.

Please correct me if i'm wrong though.
Not a problem if you catch a lot of fish that can be safety landed on 5lb line
If you hit a big lump then you may have trouble playing it

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Thanks Paul, all the info i've received so far has been really helpful.

I've been looking in to the TF Gear range of rods, i would have to see them for real and not online to make a final judgement on them.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
TFG
I've got the 10ft all rounder

Rated to 10lb I've caught loads of carp up to mid doubles with mine , no problems, if you want a short rod that can handle carp in the 10 to 15 lb range ( and maybe above, I've just not caught one on it) then this is a gret rod

Put it like this I'd sell my garbolino but not part with my TFG

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Line rating on the Middy, as my link has been removed, is 10lb so it's well capable of sorting out lumps (and has done!)

peg two

Reaction score
Have a look at the Drennan red range mate,Im sure theres something there within your budget.

Peg two.