Royalty Fishery - First impressions

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Davis Tackle is a bit strange too - some people love it and for others, it's Dante's missing circle.

Marmite with roach and barbel, I suppose....

About 12 years ago when Graham was first thinking about selling Davis Tackle I spent a weekend down there and made an offer for the business that wasn't accepted.

At the time I was thinking about quitting the oil business and going into a tackle shop, pretty glad now that I didn't . . . . .

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
....but maybe next time I'll pick one of the Throop beats where the 'River Carp' anglers won't be so prevalent and target the Roach and smaller Chub than the Royalty holds.

"smaller chub" ! :confused:

Give it a month or two and the average (BIGGER THAN THE ROYALTY) Throop chub will be the target! :)

Royalty is still a bit special but is an out and out river commercial for those on the normal day ticket. Holds some superb barbel and chub and just about everything else that swims. Throop is also a commercial but far less obvious and by far, much more friendly. More water to choose from, less barbel but stunning chub fishing especially if, like me, the float rod is the preference.

Both venues can be heartbreakers for the day ticket angler but if you can pick your conditions and get a bit of local info then both could provide a day to remember.

flightliner

Reaction score
get a bit of local info then both could provide a day to remember.
I,ve got some ready for an angler of my aquintance after making some enquiries on his behalf, phone numbers for accommadation if req'd, some good areas/swims to fish/bivvy up ,etx etx.
Must make contact.:)

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Terry,

That's WRONG and you know it.......:D

I can't abide the stuff and as for vegemite, what is that? An explosive??

Good for dipping luncheon meat bait in......that's about it. ;)

R

Royffey

Fished Throop on beat 2 a couple of seasons back and stayed at The Royalty View - (don't laugh) never fished it but did have a look along the stretch while we were staying there...