Lincoln & District Angling Association

E

Edmund Cowpe

Hi, I've just got a Lincoln and District book. It mentions that it also entitles me to fish Witham & District Joint Anglers Federation Waters. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me where these are; I've been into 3 tackle shops to ask and still have no info.

Edmund

E

Edmund Cowpe

Thanks Nigel, a good start, its a shame Lincoln don't have their own site

Paul Morley

Reaction score
PM me if you like Edmund, I have experience of some nice Boston and District venues..

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Paul, do Boston still control the South Forty Foot around Swineshead Bridge? I have fond memories of catching the train from Sleaford on a Sunday morning for a day's fishing with my dad on the Forty Foot. Solid bamboo with fibreglass tip 9ft rod, cheap centrepin reel and half a pint of maggots - loads of small skimmers and bootlace eels!!

Paul Morley

Reaction score
I believe so, I'll have to look at the book they have loads... In Lincs on Monday a.m . fishing the Bain, never really spent too much time on the drains apart from piking. Witham's back on form.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Oops there it is on their site, do you mean Hubbert's Bridge? Blimey i lived there for 19 years and am beginning to lose it.

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Hi Edmund,

On your Lincoln AA book, you will see the name and address of the club secretary. If you write to him requesting maps, and provide an SAE, i am sure he will send them to you and you will then have all the information you require.

As you can see from the Lincs AA book, it does not have room to showthe association waters. Joint Witham waters include The Witham, from Lincoln,(right bank)at Stamp end lock- to Bardney Lock, and from Bardney road bridge - upstream for approx half a mile. The W&DJAF has several holdings....but you must check for exclusions.

It also has the Witham from Bardney Bridgethrough to Boston, again, with exceptions.

Also , the Fossdyke canal from University road bridge to Torksey Lock

In addition, several other small waters including Sincil drain.

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Swineshead Bridge to Hubberts Bridge was the area we used to fish. I'm glad the Witham is back on form. Used to take some good bream bags in the Kirkstead and Tattershall areas.

Enjoy the Bain.