Pole rig line

dead peg

Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of pole fishing lately using pre-tied rigs off the shelf.I want to start tying my own rigs to cover deep swims etc. Ive got all the bits needed except the rig line.
What sort of line would you recommend ? Do I need a hi-tec line ?
Thanks for any info

C

chefster

I've been doing a bit of pole fishing lately using pre-tied rigs off the shelf.I want to start tying my own rigs to cover deep swims etc. Ive got all the bits needed except the rig line.
Thanks for any info

Hello dead peg,i dont know what you,re target species are,but here is what i use Guru N-Gauge in 0.15 and 0.13 mm,for carp and summer F1,s....Preston Reflo powerline in 0.12,0.11 and 0.10 mm for winter carp,F1 and silvers..personally i dont really fish venues where i find i have to drop below 0.10mm diameter...Guru N-Gauge is brilliant,but they dont go below 0.13mm(which is 4 lb bs)..Another good line is Shimano silk -Shock....Try any one of these and you wont go far wrong,cheers mate Chef

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for any info

Hi dead peg, I only ever use Preston Reflo Power Line, which is a hi-tec line, for rigs and hooklengths I currently have it in 0.19, 0.17, 0.15, 0.13, 0.11mm.

I generally use 6" hooklengths in 0.02 less than the rig body line and occasionally use 0.17 or 0.19 straight through for lumps in the margins.

It's great line and, providing you use good knots and lubricate with spit when SLOWLY tightening them, it doesn't twist or pigtail.

C

chefster

I,ve stopped using Reflo in the higher diameters for pole rigs,its too stiff and wiry,its ok for method h/lengths ,but personally i find Guru N-Guage or Shimano silk-shock a lot more supple for pole lines...Also the diameters of Reflo are so inacurrate-the 0.13 is actually 0.15,the 0.15 is actually 0.17 etc .Chef

dead peg

Reaction score
Thanks for the help gents.
I used the reflo to tie a few rigs and it seems spot on :)