fishermens blues

paulvjwhite

Reaction score
turned on radio this morning just missed presenter speaking about event i beleive for simon king,did any body catch what was said?

Reaction score
i dont know what your on about but this sprung to mind[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKouBHarIo]Fisherman's Blues The Waterboys - YouTube[/ame]

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
turned on radio this morning just missed presenter speaking about event i beleive for simon king,did any body catch what was said?

I think some chap was telling Nigel that various people, known anglers and unknown ones, have contributed to a book. Each person giving an account of their favourite capture.

I was only half listening tbh but I think he said the proceeds are going to a cancer charity.

A

alan whittington

I think you'll find that Bob Hornegold is getting friends/or anglers in general to write their angling high moments to compile a book in memory of Simon King,as was said above,forgive me if this is incorrect,perhaps Bob would post on this thread to put it out in the open.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Yes Alan/Chris,

I fished with Simon for 10 years before his untimely death earlier this year, plus a few other of my fishing mates have died in the last couple of years from this dreadful disease.

Simon and I were working on an Osprey Specimen Book, but with the passing of Simon I decided to expand the book, to include friends of Simon's and mine.

We have a publisher on board, an ex Osprey member and contributions from some brilliant anglers, some well known and some not so well known.

Fortunately we also have a number of well known angling artists allowing us to use some of their paintings within the book, who were only to willing to contribute to a good cause.

I will forever be in all the contributors debt and I'm sure this book will be worth owning, once we have all the sections in place.

Hopefully the book will be out next Summer and all the profits will go to Cancer Research UK.

Cancer touches everyone and if we can raise some money to fight this terrible disease, then this book is well worth putting in the effort to complete.

I will keep you all posted on it's progress.

Bob Hornegold