small bait-runner reel

robtherake

Reaction score
I'm confident you won't be disappointed with your choice. A company that's prepared to offer a no-quibble 5 year guarantee on it's reels deserves to do well. The newer models are far better looking, too - the older reels wouldn't have won any beauty contests, but their functionality and reliability more than makes up for that.

I've had quite a few Okumas over the years; a pair of Undertaker 50 baitrunners provided sterling service for a few years when I couldn't afford anything else, and were still as good as new when they were sold on. At £20 a pop, with 2 spare spools they were a total bargain. Not the prettiest reels, I admit, but perfectly functional, reliable and hard-wearing - I don't know how they do it at the price.

A ten bearing Inspira match reel is still as good as new, mechanically (although the paint's flaking off here and there). What a steal at £30 (half price) when they'd been discontinued.

I'd have loved to have tried the limited edition 16 bearing V-system match reels that were launched in 2006, but at £150 they were a bit out of my price range. Anyone used one?