Has anyone had success with Marukyu products

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have tried a few of their products JPz pellets red and black EFG 140 ground baitand SFA 420 additive. I have not found it to make any difference to my overall results . I am looking forward to trying the new Credence corn though has anyone got their hands on any yet and have you found any of the products they make have given you an edge.

fishface1

Reaction score
looks like they work well enough on one particular swim on the Lodden then!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
looks like they work well enough on one particular swim on the Lodden then!

I used to have a Farnham ticket for many years till the Lodden got popular. Dropped it about ten year ago now. Had one or two nice fish from the White water as well.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've found Marukyu products to be quite effective on some waters and seemingly useless on others. I usually carry some JPz pellets, as a change bait, with my match type set up. I've tried a few different groundbaits with mixed response. I've also tried a couple of the boilie types with no response whatsoever.

Despite my limited success, I still feel that given the right day, on the right venue, Marukyu baits could be very effective. I doubt that I have access to such a water and I don't have the funds to persist with the stuff in any meaningful way.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've found Marukyu products to be quite effective on some waters and seemingly useless on others. I usually carry some JPz pellets, as a change bait, with my match type set up. I've tried a few different groundbaits with mixed response. I've also tried a couple of the boilie types with no response whatsoever.

Despite my limited success, I still feel that given the right day, on the right venue, Marukyu baits could be very effective. I doubt that I have access to such a water and I don't have the funds to persist with the stuff in any meaningful way.

That is what I have found and their products are not cheap. I do not mind paying if it works but I have not found that it gives an edge over other options. At least I know it is not just me. In my one of my local shops they are knocking out the boilies at two bags for a tenner.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Surely the same could be said for any bait?

Of course it can. Without being totally negative, suggesting it's not the wonder bait that is hinted at was rather the point. However, by equal measure, it's not quite as useless as some of the naysayers suggest.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have used the liquid krill several times, stinks to high heaven, but cannot say it has made a difference.

terry m

Reaction score
Whilst I have not used it, a friend used their boilies for several sessions and was totally underwhelmed by the results.

But, of course it may work for others.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

Agree with most of that. The protein boilies have worked for me though. I've had tench, carp and barbel on them. The paste baits are a bit of a gaffing about game - get the mix wrong and you've bug6ered it.

lufc

Reaction score
I've got nothing but good things to say about their stuff. The boilies are superb, at least on my waters, the corn works on the coldest of days and the jpz catch fish all day. To summarise I love their products :):)

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course it can. Without being totally negative, suggesting it's not the wonder bait that is hinted at was rather the point. However, by equal measure, it's not quite as useless as some of the naysayers suggest.

I have had good days on JPZ red 6mm pellets and indifferent days. Would use them as a change bait if maggots and casters weren't doing the business. Always handy to have a jar in the bag as they just don't go off.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have had good days on JPZ red 6mm pellets and indifferent days. Would use them as a change bait if maggots and casters weren't doing the business. Always handy to have a jar in the bag as they just don't go off.

Which is pretty much what I said about JPzs in my first post. I always have some kicking about. Some days they go mad for them, some they don't.

john step

Reaction score
Bought a little tub of their JPZ pellets after I was sucked in by the advert hype. I don't know if I got a bad batch but they stank something awful and I couldn't get a bite on them. I tried several times during the day interspersed with bread punch and dead maggots. Bite a chuck by roach on the latter two but nothing on the pellets. After getting rid of the smell on my hands I binned them. I was charged getting on for six quid for that lesson. The maxim that if it is too good to be true etc. seems to apply.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Funny how some baits are red hot on one water and dead on another. I've had the same experience with 'naturals'. Was really cleaning up on my old club water for tench using cockles. Took them to another good tench water and blanked, until I switched to maggots when the fish came on again. Switch back to cockle, not a bite!
About a year later, a good pal cleaned up on tench from this second lake. On cockles!!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Funny how some baits are red hot on one water and dead on another. I've had the same experience with 'naturals'. Was really cleaning up on my old club water for tench using cockles. Took them to another good tench water and blanked, until I switched to maggots when the fish came on again. Switch back to cockle, not a bite!
About a year later, a good pal cleaned up on tench from this second lake. On cockles!!

The one thing that I have found with cockles and indeed fresh water mussels is not to pre bait it is the kiss of death a few cockles and I mean a few maybe half a dozen and mussel one chopped maybe. The swims I have seen ruined for weeks by people baiting up with cockles and fresh water mussels it is a crime, they either go or they do not never never pre bait with them.

C

chefster

Personally,i,ve tried the products with mixed results,but one thing i have learned from the match scene is that on venues where they are used extensively ,they put all other baits in the shade,ie Maver Larford lakes,where all of the Maver match team were trialling them,personally i have found that i have had negative results on certain venues ,using them....The paste,although claimed to be a miracle of modern science,seems like a crock of *****..Chef