Well! Isn't anyone fishing this weekend?

redfin123

Reaction score
Cheeky sod! As Mr. Flightliner will agree the gears on a Mitchell are made from a top secret material that takes around forty years to 'run in' and has a chemical half life of several thousand years :w

:D
Well I know mr flightliner owns three maybe four mitchells which makes him about 4,000 years old, dos,nt look bad for that age tho.:D:D:D:D:D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Well I know mr flightliner owns three maybe four mitchells which makes him about 4,000 years old, dos,nt look bad for that age tho.:D:D:D:D:D

Joking apart, I've still got two 300's from the late 50's that I used throughout the 60's. They live up in the loft somewhere but I'm thinking of transferring them to my tackle store (aka the garage) as a deterrent to burglars...................;)

flightliner

Reaction score
My three hundreds share equel space with two shimano aero gt 6000s, (great) a pair of drennan fd 4000s( wish I hadnt bothered) a shimano with a fighting drag, (really nice)A pair of matches (brilliant) an adcock stanton centrepin, ( ok if you arnt in a hurry) and a youngs trudex in mint nick(as the stanton).
They are all used depending on what I, m after, conditions, method, and mood.
Each gives me the tool I require on a given occasion, versatility is the key.

redfin123

Reaction score
My three hundreds share equel space with two shimano aero gt 6000s, (great) a pair of drennan fd 4000s( wish I hadnt bothered) a shimano with a fighting drag, (really nice)A pair of matches (brilliant) an adcock stanton centrepin, ( ok if you arnt in a hurry)
Well im lost for words flight. :eek::eek:mg:

flightliner

Reaction score
Well, as you' ve called it I'll get choice of place.
Extreme lower tidal on the lowest tide of the year, maybe we should both bring along a lady mud wrestler each to get us to the waters edge.:D

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Like it bbb, like it.:D

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Thames is out of the question and although the Chelmer is fishable at the moment they have just forecast a months rain in the next two days in the south east so that will be well up by this week end. I went over my club lake yesterday to take the water level reading for the monthly meeting last night. It was up another one and a half inches in the last seven days and as clear as a bell. this puts it three and a half inches up on last years high at the end of April. A inch and a half is a lot of water over a ten acre lake. Some of the adjustable side platforms on the swims for returning fish have had to be raised because the boards on the frames were floating. A couple of cold nights in store but temperatures rising again on Friday up to 10c but wet.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well looks a half decent day so think i will venture out on the local cut and see what's out there .

It was dead last time a couple of weeks ago not a single bite in 4 hours , Never know been as the sun is shining it may be my lucky day ..

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well looks a half decent day so think i will venture out on the local cut and see what's out there .

It was dead last time a couple of weeks ago not a single bite in 4 hours , Never know been as the sun is shining it may be my lucky day ..

I am going to go after lunch for a few hours lure fishing.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Just had a 5 hour session from 07.30. Damn cold at 1 degree and a complete change from yesterday. Consequently the fish didn't play ball and apart from one dip of the float which didn't develop, it was a fruitless journey.......what I would call a 'fresh air day'....

Still, nice to sit in a bit of weak sunshine for a change and I shall probably do it all again tomorrow..................

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Just had a 5 hour session from 07.30. Damn cold at 1 degree and a complete change from yesterday. Consequently the fish didn't play ball and apart from one dip of the float which didn't develop, it was a fruitless journey.......what I would call a 'fresh air day'....

Still, nice to sit in a bit of weak sunshine for a change and I shall probably do it all again tomorrow..................

Yep not long got back in and same result a couple of pecks but nothing out of the water , Surprisingly warm round here in the sun .

There's always next weekend (weather permitting)
When i got there the cut was still frozen over so it had been a real cold night .

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A pleasant afternoon a couple of jacks at 4-30 on a double Ondex nothing on float fished sprat. The lake is only a ten minute bike ride from home. My eldest son rang me he was carp fishing Lake Meadows with his friend Luke who had a 23 pound common and it is his birthday today nice present.

sampras43

Reaction score
4 hours on the Colne for me yesterday and apart from a small chub (just under 2lb) (targeted), nothing else.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Thankfully back on one of the local rivers today for a few hours trotting. Had a mixed bag of roach and chub, quite a few were a bit beaten up with scales missing like this roach's tail wrist. Talk about slippy, I think the major achievement of the day was staying upright....................

roach110_zpsda538f04.jpg

fr9_zps06dd9a4a.jpg

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well went out today Ladymoor pool Bilston West Mids

Only 1 fish nice Carp around 12lbs took of like a dang rocket , there was me just pouring me a cuppa off goes the alarm off the spool goes the line the place was busy as well must have come mighty close to doing a job on at least 6 other anglers like the ones the other side of the pool did twice that was just casting out glad i was well clear .