oil

sagalout

Reaction score
Do you add oil (hemp, tuna, salmon, chilli, etc) to your ground bait or paste?

If so what oil do you use, how much do you add per kilo, how do you get it to distribute evenly through the mixture and finally does it end up creating a slick reminiscent of the Torrey Canyon when you bung it in?

john step

Reaction score
Any fish oil will do. I havn't a clue how much, just add a dash to paste and groundbait. Sometimes Holland and Barret have cod liver oil at a discounted rate. Always cheaper than stuff marketed for angling. Works a treat. When you lob in your groundbait any oil slick pinpoints exactly where it is!
This winter I have been using mole hill soil with a dash of grondbait to bind it and a goodly dollop of pilchard oil left over from piking. The roach have been attracted but unfortunately so have the carp. Thank goodness for high tech hooklengths in reasonable strength to thickness ratios.

richiekelly

Reaction score
If I am after Barbel I will sometimes use a feeder with groundbait (and other bits) I nearly always use garlic oil, whether it makes any difference I am not sure but I am confident when using it, as for amounts, like John I have no idea its just "a bit" in my g/b.