Post Flood clean-up operations

mick b

Reaction score
Coming to a river near you.......

Teams are now put on the riverbanks carrying out clean-up operations following the winters floods.

Trees and debris in the rivers is being removed, as are some dangerous trees.

The floods have shown that many river banks have structural weaknesses and these problems are high on the priority list.

Much of this work cannot be undertaken until the banks have been cleared of vegetation, bushes and sometimes even major trees, and all this work must (by law) be completed before the birds have nested.

There is no waiting until the river season has ended just for us :eek:

So, if your planning a day on your river before Saturday, have a back-up venue in mind because you could turn up and find the place looks more like the Fortyfoot drain or is is crawling with guys using chainsaws and industrial strimmers.

I know, because it has already happened to me...........:eek:mg:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am pleased to hear it-because it has disappeared from the news, the forum and the political agenda. Or, at least it seems to me.. I think I said this back when we had several debates going on a few weeks ago, that it will disappear from the agenda after a month or two. The government will have to be seen to be doing a bit of dredging and that will be the end of it until it happens again. Out of sight -out of mind.