I miss Fisherman's Blues. Do you?

yorkydoodle

Reaction score
I really miss Keith Arthur's 'Fisherman's Blues'. Am I alone in this? I'm aware that Mr Arthur is probably angling Marmite to many, but it was pretty much all we had, and I so wish we had something in a similar vein. Does anything know of anything anywhere else that might be available on the interweb, or even any recordings of Mr Arthur's show?

frothy

Reaction score
If this had happened say...10 years ago I would of said yes. As it stand a now...certainly not. I think the show was well past it's sell by date, topics became repetitive and a sensed Keith was tiring of it himself IMHO.

terry m

Reaction score
Agree with Frothy, by the time it reached it's death throes it was well past it's best. Keith Arthur has limited appeal IMO, every conversation is switched around to his belief and his view. Better to have nothing on the radio than his bilge.

Just need someone with a personality to take over Tight lines, my vote would be Dean Macey.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Keith Arthur has limited appeal IMO
I think that it is angling that has limited appeal. We've gone from the red eye slot at six in the morning at weekends to...................nothing (that I'm aware of on national radio).

Obviously recycled football talk has a greater value.

Stu

S

steve2012

Dean Macey is a new 'celebrity angler' who annoys the hell out of me with his stupid whooping on the bank whenever he catches anything. All crash bang wallop angling with fixed rigs and bolies/donkey choker pellets. Dull

Keith Arthur is old school, has a vast knowledge of fishing that Macey will never attain and was perfect for weekend radio in the morning

terry m

Reaction score
Macey may not be perfect but at least he has a personality.

Beyond match fishing, Arthur's knowledge is always found wanting, and his opinion would rarely be given any heed were he not the program host.

Put him out to pasture and give us all a break.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Not missed by me at all. I simply never listened to it. I don't have anything in particular against KA, but I don't watch Tight Lines either, for the simple reason of not having Sky TV.

Fishing is something I do, I don't find much enjoyment in watching or listening to programmes about fishing. It doesn't help much that I can rarely relate my fishing world to that of those that feature in media productions.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not missed by me at all. I simply never listened to it. I don't have anything in particular against KA, but I don't watch Tight Lines either, for the simple reason of not having Sky TV.

Fishing is something I do, I don't find much enjoyment in watching or listening to programmes about fishing. It doesn't help much that I can rarely relate my fishing world to that of those that feature in media productions.

Sam, you don't need sky to watch tightlines, you can watch all previous episodes on tightlines podcast.
Tight Lines Podcasts

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sam, you don't need sky to watch tightlines, you can watch all previous episodes on tightlines podcast.
Tight Lines Podcasts

I've seen the odd one via that route, but outside of the odd Keith Speer episode, they hold little interest. Southern commercials (and commercials generally), southern pits and rivers, unsurprisingly, don't have much relevance to me. If and when they venture beyond such limits, I generally don't get to hear about it so tend not to look.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Likewise Sam, I only watch around 6 to 8 episodes a year when anyone of interest is on from sky catch up so I don't have to FF the ads...

flightliner

Reaction score
Never listened/watched KA, dont have sky either so no idea whats topical right now.
I do have "quest" on channel 38 where I watch the odd programme from years ago, nothing in any way inspirational, one or two nice guys tho --- angling road trip usa is one I liked, lovely fella, polite, enquiring, appreciative and easy to see he enjoys his fishing.

sampras43

Reaction score
Dean Macey is a new 'celebrity angler' who annoys the hell out of me with his stupid whooping on the bank whenever he catches anything. All crash bang wallop angling with fixed rigs and bolies/donkey choker pellets. Dull

Keith Arthur is old school, has a vast knowledge of fishing that Macey will never attain and was perfect for weekend radio in the morning

Agreed on Macey. Seems a nice enough bloke but the constant over the top laughing at every single thing starts to grait after a while. Get's a bite when he's not looking, queue mass hysteria..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I just don't get Talksport at all.
It used to be reasonably interesting when people like George Galloway and James Whale had shows on it - regardless of your political persuasion.
Now it's purely sport and they've scrapped a few measly hours of early morning fishing banter.
What on earth do they drone on about 24/7?

stikflote

Reaction score
No never heard it and i dont have sky,so i do not miss it at all
if i remember rightly ,it was at some ridiculous early morning time that i would be in bed ,