What weird stuff have you banded?

B

binka

Just wondering what weird and wonderful stuff people have banded for bait?

I've managed all sorts to date which was originally brought about by my laziness to change from bands to hairs and includes more mundane things like meat and rolled bread/crust to tricky things like bunches of worms (you have to be nimble and quick!) and on to pork scratchings (natural buoyancy, fish it like crust with a no.1 or BB close to the hook) and more recently some good results on banded flaked tuna and mussels.

Anyone else a band junkie and what have you banded apart from the usual pellets?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not really a band user Steve. I do sometimes use them to attatch to a short hair and then stretch 'em and pull them through a pellet via a needle, the band then swells up when released and holds the pellet on nice and firm.
I prefer to put most of my baits directly on the hook :).

B

binka

Hey up Ian.

I must admit I have only really been banding to any great degree the last season or two as I would usually tie a lasso prior to that but found it a bit fiddly replacing baits, once I started banding I kind of ran with the idea and enjoyed a bit of experimentation.

Don't you think "Banding" sounds like a bit of an uncontrollable, bad habit?

A bit like crystal meth, heroin and pork scratchings...

(Stands up amongst semi circle of fellow addicts and announces... I'm Binka and I've been banding! :D)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I rarely band anything either....the exception being mixers on the odd occasion I fancy a few carp off the top. I tie a sort of "D" rig with the band looped onto the D. Sorted out some very cute fish on a club lake that knew all about mixers.

Not really a bander...I prefer a hair rig.

greenie62

Reaction score
Oh Binka,
I'm Binka and I've been banding!
You've been a naughty boy again! :rolleyes:

For penance you must tie 3 x size 22 hooks to 1lb nylon by hand whilst reciting 3 chapters of The Compleat Angler, :eek:

You must stop this 'banding' completely - and no more impure thoughts! - or you'll be condemned to endure the close season for ever and have to roam the banks of the Trent telling all anglers of the errors of your ways!

Peace Be Unto You, my child.

derwentbob

Reaction score
I have only just started banding stuff, pellets did well of course, as did a piece of bread soaked in ketchup from my lunch.

In the past I have attached all kinds of stuff to hooks with small elastic bands of the office variety to make jigs and lures for bored perch. They were very rarely as successful as I imagined they would be but I did have a 4lb fish on a piece of fluorescent pink shoelace from a nearby discarded trainer and some silver paper from a packet of polo mints, all rubber banded onto a size 6 hook.

john step

Reaction score
I have only just started banding stuff, pellets did well of course, as did a piece of bread soaked in ketchup from my lunch.

In the past I have attached all kinds of stuff to hooks with small elastic bands of the office variety to make jigs and lures for bored perch. They were very rarely as successful as I imagined they would be but I did have a 4lb fish on a piece of fluorescent pink shoelace from a nearby discarded trainer and some silver paper from a packet of polo mints, all rubber banded onto a size 6 hook.
Why would you band a piece of brad with ketchup for your lunch. Wouldn't the band get stuck around your tongue:eek:mg::eek:mg: