Who out on the 16th

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I won't be that's for sure, I prefer to leave it a week or so until the banks are not so crowded or at least the going swims are free :D

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

So who is fishing 16th

tilly05

Reaction score
Il have to see what my work rota brings, funnily tho I had my best day on the Don about a week after it opened.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a possibility that I'll be out with a couple of the other mods on a local river. We need to see what the conditions will be like first, as well as the weather . . . . . but don't worry, there is always at least one mod on "duty" . . . . . . . . .

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm free to go if I wish. However, I'm undecided as to whether I'll be bothering. I tend to find that my usual river is a total anti-climax for at least the first couple of weeks of the season. The element of doubt creeps in because I have a new and relatively unpressured stretch to go at.

robbush

Reaction score
I've booked day off to go on 16th,just hoping the weather doesn't spoil it,aiming for a four o clock start,the close season seems a long time

B

binka

Yep I'm out on the 16th.

And 17th, 18th, 19th... you can see where this is heading :D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Are the fish starving because they have been existing on natural levels of food or does it take them a while to get used to the bait again ?

derwentbob

Reaction score
This may be the first time I have missed the 16th on the Trent since 1976. I have had to chuck my DRAC ticket in due to rising cost and falling income so unless I can find a suitable stretch of day ticket river between Derby and Nottingham I will probably just go down to the local lake and pretend it is the first day of the season.

Steve2020

Reaction score
I'm hoping to be on the Severn near ironbridge, it all rests on me getting the day off from work.

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

B

binka

A very long sleep when you get back home?:rolleyes:

Hey up flight :)

The only overnighter will be this Sunday when we plan to get to the river late afternoon and get tackled up and settled down for midnight, after that I will be travelling daily which will include a few dawn to dusk sessions so eighteen or nineteen hours at a time which sounds a long time but I love it and a couple of break days where I won't reach the river until late afternoon and fish up until 10:30pm - 11:00pm 'ish.

On the longer days I will often have three swims in mind to fish throughout the day travelling light.

I gotta admit I was grouchy all of yesterday after Saturdays overnighter, I can see why I don't make too much of a habit of it.

naxian62

Reaction score
Yep, straight on the river with my new ultralight set up. Just 2 minutes ago got a little parcel from Harrissports with all manner of shads and grubs etc.etc.
I am a bit excited!!

cal_sutt

Reaction score
I'm doing some tackle shopping on Friday to get set for a good few days on the River Idle. I'm going to be having an evening session on Monday, having an afternoon session probably on Tuesday if it fishes good Monday night, then if all goes well and both days I should be fishing all day Wednesday too, I've got around 10 swims in mind up and down the river through Retford so I'm near enough sorted, aside from the fact I haven't bought any bait/terminal tackle yet hahaha.

The Runner

Reaction score
Got the 16th and 17th off although work's a bit hectic at the moment so plans may change but hopefully not.
Will be down my local bits of the Colne, plan being to have a wander round during the day running a stick through for anything that swims and then settle on a barbel peg for the evening. Might be an early start on 16th for a look for the barbel as well.

bigfish74

Reaction score
Fishing the 16th lol jist try and stop me its the 1st date i book off from work well before any other hols
Theres 3 of us off up to the ribble sunday after tea get set up then straight in at midnight cant wait vetting excited oooops wee again :eek:mg:

Andy

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
I was thinking of heading out next weekend. There's a small river near me which throws out the odd chub, and will be really quiet regfardless of opening weekend. Was looking for a peg when these popped up. At half 8 in the evening...

photo.php

Never made it to the river.