Quick Change Beads versus Swivels

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I have used both in my Feeder Fishing, now i do like the Quick Change Beads, but, unless i was speed fishing say in a Match my preference would always be to use a Swivel.

How do you like to attach your hook lengths to your main line, and what are the pro's and con's in your opinion?

Thank you.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Sorry, i didn't realise my question would cause such confusion, i meant, speed as in wanting to replace hook lengths quicker so you could get a bait back in to the water quicker. This would obviously be advantageous if you were fishing in a match where speed can make all the difference at times.

hyperdrive

Reaction score
Always used to use swivels but these days use a quick change swivel, main reason it's so easy to just change hooklinks and remove/attach the hooklink when tackling up or packing up, leaving the rod set up in the holdall

johncena

Reaction score
I have used both in my Feeder Fishing, now i do like the Quick Change Beads, but, unless i was speed fishing say in a Match my preference would always be t

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Hi Steph,

I use both quick release swivels and beads for all my fishing these days. The pros are that I can change my hook length quickly without having to untie or cut off an ordinary swivel.

I find it far easier with the quick release especially in the dark when you don't want to be shining a torch all over the show, I have all my hook lengths made up and ready.

Since changing to the various quick release swivels and beads I have experienced no negatives only pluses.

Kind regards,

Ray

tincatim

Reaction score
I always use the Drennan quick change beads, like others have said it makes changing hook lengths quick and easy. Although it can sometimes be tricky to get the outer sleeve off the connecter piece, they can fit too tightly sometimes.