Tench and crucian water

john step

Reaction score
We often moan about commercial fisheries being dominated by carp. Well I have just visited a new water in Lincolnshire that has been stocked with tench, crucians roach and rudd but no carp. Its not large but it is very pleasantly landscaped. Its on the left on the A46 North of Market Rasen. Makes a nice change.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I would dearly love to see more waters like this. I'm afraid carp dominated commies leave me cold and the thought of fishing them week in week out fills me with horror. ...no disrespect to the match boys or those that enjoy getting their wire pulled but how many carp does anybody need to catch ? If I never caught another,ever, it would bother me not one whit.

terry m

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if it remains viable as a business.

Not the normal fare of the mud pool merchants, but a nice change nonetheless.

john step

Reaction score
Sounds good John. Is it opposite the kennels by any chance?

Haven't caught a tench this year :(
No, I don't know any kennels. Not far North of Market Rasen. You can see it from the road on the left. It stands alone by a bungalow. There is a little yellow sign that says fishing. No name up though. Lots of tench.

I don't know where you havn't caught one this year:( I am lucky here in Lincs with tench waters even if they don't reach the sizes of the Southern waters.

rubio

Reaction score
Joined a club this year that has 3 ponds. It's basically and old estate lake type of water with some fine crucians, tho generally quite small, and a few carp. Some of these are classic 'old' king carp strains. We have been moving these into the largest of the 3 ponds making it much easier to fish appropiate tackle for the other species.
Not to everyones taste and sensibilities but suits me just fine. Sounds like the kind of day ticket I would be happy to buy.

cal_sutt

Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough to have just joined a syndicate offering a silvers only pond and a tench pond that I couldn't even dream of. Of course there's a carp pond too but they're a bit of a laugh now and then, plus all this for £75 until January 2016 isn't a bad deal if you ask.me!

law

Reaction score
I wish there was more ponds like this. Seems they are a dying breed :(

When I go carp fishing, I want the bigguns. 30 plus. I couldn't think of anything more boring than pulling out single figure fish all day long.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
We often moan about commercial fisheries being dominated by carp. Well I have just visited a new water in Lincolnshire that has been stocked with tench, crucians roach and rudd but no carp. Its not large but it is very pleasantly landscaped. Its on the left on the A46 North of Market Rasen. Makes a nice change.

We need lots more waters like this totally devoid of oversized carp bring fishing back to life instead of waiting for fattys to bite ..
I would much rather have one decent snottie than a whole truck load of invasive carp ..

A

alan whittington

Although I agree that this sort of water is great(especially to me)I feel that I and others like me are in the vast minority and as was mentioned to make a real going concern waters have to be stuffed with mudpigs.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I like these, quite a few commercials do a lake of this type. I fished one last year, full of rudd and green tench.
My only query, is - if its a tench and crucian only water, how will it fare in the winter months? Are there other lakes with roach and bream.